Established Contributor
logan_720

Best Buy Store Card -

So I had a BBRZMC backed by HSBC back in November, closed it after a month and a half or two months since it had the infamous $300/$59. My question is recently (within the past month) I have gotten four cards:

Chase Freedom: $1,500

Discover More: $1,700

Paypal Extra Mastercard: $3,000

And most recent (Yesterday) Citi ThankYou Preferred: $1,200, misread that last night when I was approved, thought it was $2,200.

Is it a good time to try for the Best Buy card again? The only thing I'm worried about is being approved, once again, for the low limit card. Last I checked, my EX, and TU were both in the mid 700's. Util. is extremely low at this point since I have recevied new cards.

Thanks for all the advice.

Logan

Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

Re: Best Buy Store Card -

is the BB store card AF free?

Either way, I'll likely try the same thing.  Close it, and then re-apply.  My CRs and scores have drastically improved since app'ing it for the sweet $300 CL 3 months ago.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
Established Contributor
logan_720

Repo-ed wrote:

Either way, I'll likely try the same thing.  Close it, and then re-apply.  My CRs and scores have drastically improved since app'ing it for the sweet $300 CL 3 months ago.

The store card has no AF, but it is also harder to get. The non-store card generally, or at least, it used to be a low limit card with a high AF. The card I am interested in would be the same card that Ron1 has.

Regular Contributor
Viper786

I work at a Best Buy and I recommend that you apply at a store. They have separate applications for the BBRZMC and their store card. Not sure how it is online, but if u don't want to risk applying for the mastercard, just go into a store and apply with a blue shirt.

EQ - 689 FICO - ScoreWatch (6/14) | TU - 701 FICO - Lender Pull (5/14) | EX - 708 - FICO Lender Pull (6/14)
Amazon Store Card - $4000 | Amex BCE - $2k | Barclaycard Ring - $2.5k | Capital One - $500 | Capital One - $3000 | Chase Freedom - $3.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred - $1000 | Discover It - $1500 | Macy's - $1500
Valued Contributor
creditnocash

logan_720 wrote:

Repo-ed wrote:

The store card has no AF, but it is also harder to get. The non-store card generally, or at least, it used to be a low limit card with a high AF. The card I am interested in would be the same card that Ron1 has.

really the store card is harder to get? then the charge one? 

i did this in-store fyi.

when i applied for it (i was buying 3 video games totalling 120 because it was buy 2 get one free)

applied myself and got denied 

applied with my mom co signing and got 2k limit. 

this was for the store card btw not the credit one. 

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Established Contributor
logan_720

OlegWasHere wrote:

i did this in-store fyi.

when i applied for it (i was buying 3 video games totalling 120 because it was buy 2 get one free)

Yes, the store card is harder, and in turn generally gets a much higher limit. As for the highlighted part, both cards are credit cards.

Valued Contributor
creditnocash

logan_720 wrote:

OlegWasHere wrote:

i did this in-store fyi.

Yes, the store card is harder, and in turn generally gets a much higher limit. As for the highlighted part, both cards are credit cards.

what i meant was. the store card where you can only purchase at best buy vs the credit where you can use anywhere. 

but yes i do understand they are both revolving credit accounts :manhappy:

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Established Contributor
logan_720

OlegWasHere wrote:

logan_720 wrote:

OlegWasHere wrote:

i did this in-store fyi.

what i meant was. the store card where you can only purchase at best buy vs the credit where you can use anywhere. 

lol :smileytongue: This is probably the one and only case where I would rather have a store-only card over a branded card 

Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

logan_720 wrote:

OlegWasHere wrote:

logan_720 wrote:

OlegWasHere wrote:

i did this in-store fyi.

lol :smileytongue: This is probably the one and only case where I would rather have a store-only card over a branded card 

+1

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
Established Contributor
jordanmedical

[ Edited ]

I wonder since it's now Cap One, do they do the HP on each CB?

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}