cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy accts showing as closed- score went up?

tag
ficoguy75
Established Member

Best Buy accts showing as closed- score went up?

I'm confiused, I thought I understood how the scoring models worked. Today when I checked my TU via CK, My 2 Best Buy accounts showed as closed. This caused my UTL to go from 36% to 44% but my score went up 32 points!

One of these accts was very old and one was 2 years old so it can't because of age. I was upset because it screwed up my UTL but then I realized it had a huge positive impact on my score. What am I missing?

UTL is the only neg factor on my reports, no negatives at all. Average age around 5 years, hasn't changed much.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Best Buy accts showing as closed- score went up?

Message 2 of 7
elizlarkin
New Visitor

Not just you, I think they are changing the banks that they go through for the CC because my account was closed, but I still had a significant balance on it ...

Message 3 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

We're all sitting back awaiting the new Cit's impact on our AAoA's......

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 5 of 7
ficoguy75
Established Member

So my scores are up on CK, Credit.com and CS, all because my 2 BB citi accounts are not showing even though my UTL is up! Are the scores on all the sites a joke? My BB card has a $10k limit with $1500 balance which should be helping me free up lots of UTL.

I'm trying to decise if I should apply for some CLI's while my score is up? (if it is up?) or wait until this reports, lowers my UTL but could lower my scores?

Message 6 of 7
ficoguy75
Established Member

Could the fact that this is a store card and not a regular credit card have been hurting my scores?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.