Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy....am i wrong?

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Best Buy....am i wrong?

am i correct in thinking that the store card from Best Buy carries an af of $59 or is it the mc that carries the fee? in either event is it even worth having if you shop at best buy say once or twice a year with a 4-600 spend each time?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Best Buy....am i wrong?

It's the MC version that has the AF, store cards have no AF.   In the event if you are shopping at BB, it offers either 5% or 6-18months no interest financing.  I'm debating whether if should pay the AF for mine and keep it, no interest financing option sounds pretty good sometimes when and if need it. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 5
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

It's the MC version that has the AF, store cards have no AF.   In the event if you are shopping at BB, it offers either 5% or 6-18months no interest financing.  I'm debating whether if should pay the AF for mine and keep it, no interest financing option sounds pretty good sometimes when and if need it. 

Did you have it from when it was CAP ONE or Citi?

I'd suggest calling a backdoor number or to go into a store and ask an associate if they could call our in-store routed number for a CLI or to get your AF taken off.

Depending on who you get in the stores I know this is hard to do.

At my location everyone is well trained and able to do this easy, go to a hyper busy store may not be able to

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 3 of 5
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@angelcred10 wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Did you have it from when it was CAP ONE or Citi?

I'd suggest calling a backdoor number or to go into a store and ask an associate if they could call our in-store routed number for a CLI or to get your AF taken off.

Depending on who you get in the stores I know this is hard to do.

At my location everyone is well trained and able to do this easy, go to a hyper busy store may not be able to

I had it when it was Cap1, and already tried to get the AF removed a numbe of times but so far no luck. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 5
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

Store card no AF

Two versions of MC, one with AF one without. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.