Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy changing to VISA

tag
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Best Buy changing to VISA

Just logged on to my Best Buy Mastercard account and got a popup stating that in late August they will begin transitioning from MC to VISA. Guess it doesn't matter to me.....the rewards, etc. are supposed to remain the same.

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Best Buy changing to VISA

@IaBoy62 wrote:

Just logged on to my Best Buy Mastercard account and got a popup stating that in late August they will begin transitioning from MC to VISA. Guess it doesn't matter to me.....the rewards, etc. are supposed to remain the same.

Really. Time to check my Account. Thanks for the heads up.Just Checked. Kind sucks. as im traveling. and want as many mastercards as i can have. when overseas. Mastercard is more preferred than Visa. but ok.

Don't know what citi is doing.

bestbuyvisa.PNG

Message 2 of 68
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

u r welcome. post if you get the message.

Message 3 of 68
NRB525
Super Contributor

So, the existing Best Buy Master Card does not have FTF, do I read that correctly in the terms and conditions?

25% APR, but that just means its a PIF card.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will also be adding an extra 2% category when the change to visa occurs...I believe gas
Message 5 of 68
taxi818
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

So, the existing Best Buy Master Card does not have FTF, do I read that correctly in the terms and conditions?

25% APR, but that just means its a PIF card.

Yes. but i don't have 25%apr. My current Apr is 16.9% A little better. Im guessing it will stay the same.

Message 6 of 68
Pway
Valued Contributor

I was hoping by reading this thread they was moving away from CITI ( WISHFUL THINKING).  No best buy card for me. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 7 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@IaBoy62 wrote:

Really. Time to check my Account. Thanks for the heads up.Just Checked. Kind sucks. as im traveling. and want as many mastercards as i can have. when overseas. Mastercard is more preferred than Visa. but ok.

Don't know what citi is doing.

When I was in Mexico earlier this year I saw a fair number of stores with only Visa logos on their doors. I think they would have taken MC though. The cases where only one or the other's accepted don't seem to be that common.

That said you are more likely to get a chip-enabled card that has some sort of PIN on it if you get a MasterCard.

Message 8 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pway wrote:

I was hoping by reading this thread they was moving away from CITI ( WISHFUL THINKING).  No best buy card for me. 

Me too! Not a Citi fan at all. I'm probably not going to use my HD card after I'm done paying on it either because of Citi.

Message 9 of 68
dwz55
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pway wrote:

Me too! Not a Citi fan at all. I'm probably not going to use my HD card after I'm done paying on it either because of Citi.

Seriosly, once my HD card hits 10 years in Januany I'm gonna close it cause of how terrible Citibank has been, I once lost BB card and HD card, it took almost  2 months to get receive them. Then they had the nerve to want to charge me 30$ to overnight them.

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 10 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.