Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy changing to VISA

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Best Buy changing to VISA

I got the same notice on my statement. I missed my SP CLI when they were issued by HSBC/Cap 1. It doesn't matter is a Visa/MC. It doesn't have to be Visa Signature. I rarely used to use the benefits of Visa Signature.

Ron.
Message 21 of 68
Ron1
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

I wonder if it will become a Visa Signature!?

Doubtful.  Their other private label/co-branded MC cards (Shell, Exxon, Sears, etc.) are all Platinum tier, not WMC. 

+1. They don't have ExxonMobil MC and Citgo Visa. It wasn't Platinum. Their co-branded Visa/MC got higher APR.

Ron.

Message 22 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aug 13th - January 31st 2% rewards on Gas.
Looks like card will still come with chip.

Not much change, but I'll take it.
Message 23 of 68
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Brusilov wrote:

@Pway wrote:

I was hoping by reading this thread they was moving away from CITI ( WISHFUL THINKING).  No best buy card for me. 

I don't know about you, but they're a lot better than HSBC was.

I would have a better chance of getting in with HSBC as opposed to Citi.  When I had my cards backed by HSBC I loved them.  Citi, not so much.  When my credit was excellent I had Citi cards and I did not like them.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 24 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please What fico score did you guys have when you received this master card which is now becoming visa.

I would really appreciate your reply because I really want this card my TU fico is 695 with 3 recent inquiries thank you
Message 25 of 68
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Please What fico score did you guys have when you received this master card which is now becoming visa.

I would really appreciate your reply because I really want this card my TU fico is 695 with 3 recent inquiries thank you

At that time. April 2014. I had 663 Equifax. 2 negatives. But was surprised I gotplatinum mastercard. 2k limit. My brother had 680 eq and got store card. So it's a ymmv. I think a 680 should get mastercard version. 

Message 26 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Taxi818 thank you very much for that info. They seem to pull TU on me I have 2 baddies and 5 recent accounts opened in January & March 2015 my aaoa is 3yrs 2months 3 inquiries. All 3 of my scores are between 660-695 I am going to give it until December. I would be happy with either my preferred store card or the platinum
Message 27 of 68
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Taxi818 thank you very much for that info. They seem to pull TU on me I have 2 baddies and 5 recent accounts opened in January & March 2015 my aaoa is 3yrs 2months 3 inquiries. All 3 of my scores are between 660-695 I am going to give it until December. I would be happy with either my preferred store card or the platinum

It's been a good card. Took a year for cli. Now 4 k limit. Citi just lives hp's is only issue I have. 

Message 28 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pway wrote:

I was hoping by reading this thread they was moving away from CITI ( WISHFUL THINKING).  No best buy card for me. 

+1.

I really love best buy too!

Message 29 of 68
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pway wrote:

+1.

I really love best buy too!

Citi is very Tight. and hp happy. But overall no issues from them. except being stingy.

Message 30 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.