Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy closed me.

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Best Buy closed me.

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to add that if you haven't already, you may want to try calling them and asking them to reconsider.  It couldn't hurt to try.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 17
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

I'll try.  Most of the TLs I opened were to grow my credit and develop new relationships and move out of subprime ( i close FP, a CapOne Secured and Orchard this year too)  So I opened but closed, and the other cards were Discover, CapOneRewards, Barclays, and JCrew.  Haven't missed a payment in over 3 years.  Has been a long road, trust me. 

Message 12 of 17
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear that; though, I believe the Plan B is high interest and lower CL, if I recall correctly.

Maybe HSBC is cleaning house before they transfer accts to Cap One.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ortz33__ wrote:

I'll try.  Most of the TLs I opened were to grow my credit and develop new relationships and move out of subprime ( i close FP, a CapOne Secured and Orchard this year too)  So I opened but closed, and the other cards were Discover, CapOneRewards, Barclays, and JCrew.  Haven't missed a payment in over 3 years.  Has been a long road, trust me. 

Definitely explain this when you call them.  You have new accounts because you closed older accounts that did not have good terms.  Hopefully someone will understand this.

Message 14 of 17
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@Ortz33__ wrote:

We totally can relate! Rebuilding credit is a lot of hard work and a long road.  I hope it works out and you get them to reopen your account! Please keep us posted!

Slowly building....
Message 15 of 17
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

Should I even go there with paying them over 140 dollars in 2 years just to have a credit card with Orchard?

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ortz33__ wrote:

Should I even go there with paying them over 140 dollars in 2 years just to have a credit card with Orchard?

I wouldn't say it like that.  Just say that you closed some of your cards to open ones that offerred more favorable terms for you, or better rewards, or both.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.