Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy mastercard?

tag
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

Re: Best Buy mastercard?

I have the BBRMC. It was one of my first CC I obtained back in my Credit newbie days. I got the Gold version which comes with the $59 AF. Now 2 years later after having this card I requested a CLI and got bumped from $500 to $800. I'll take it as it is one of my highest CL at the moment Smiley Wink
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 11 of 23
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Just because CapOne took it over doesn't mean they don't give credit limit increases. If you have the Store Card it's a great card. If you have the MasterCard with the low limits and AF ...not so much...

Message 12 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'd make sure to run a few small charges through it so they don't axe you for inactivity.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 23
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

from what ive read here and from personal expierience. 

even though cap one bought out the card they still run with the same process. (of hsbc) 

as in soft pulls for cli. 

i got mine in october of '10 and asked from a cli in july/august cant remember. 

it was a soft pull.  denied but because of low score due to my mothers credit. (joint account) 

her score listed was 615 mine is 710.

ive checked our reports and we dont show inquries from hsbc or cap one. 

it may be a ymmv thing though so just a joist of hope. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 14 of 23
lithium78
Established Contributor

They have a pretty good deal right now with the Best Buy Mastercard for the month of Sept. where if you make 3 purchases of $15 or more in the categories of gas, restaurants, or grocery stores you get a $10 statement credit.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 23
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I have BestBuy MC with AF for 4 years now. It was one of my first CC. CL is still 400.

Anyway, it's getting axe'd soon.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 16 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

I have BestBuy MC with AF for 4 years now. It was one of my first CC. CL is still 400.

Have you requested a CLI recently?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 23
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

Never did, and never used it for over 2 years. First year, I max'd it out and paid monthly until it was paid off. After that it was music on itunes.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

Message 18 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

Never did, and never used it for over 2 years. First year, I max'd it out and paid monthly until it was paid off. After that it was music on itunes.

Well you cant really fault them then, surprised they havent axed you for inactivity.

Why not use it for a few months and ask for a CLI?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 23
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

Well you cant really fault them then, surprised they havent axed you for inactivity.

Why not use it for a few months and ask for a CLI?

That's true. The reason they havn't axe'd me because of the AF I would think.

Anyway, I will try giving them a call and see what's going on.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.