Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy or Amazon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy or Amazon

I'm looking into store cards and I figure tone of these two might do it for me. Does anybody know which one is easier to get. I just got a Cap One platinum with credit scores ranging between 570-575 earlier this month. Any advice or alternatives would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy or Amazon

More easy amazon with synchrony. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

your scores are too low for those ...
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I'll work on getting it up a bit, Surprised I got a Cap One. Just wondering because I thought they'd be easier than Cap One
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best buy denied me when i first started out with around 600 equifax and only card at that time was a 300 cap one platinum.

Amazon approved me around 630 or so.

Good luck!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

you'll get there. do you have any baddies? when negative things fall off of your report it'll skyrocket
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I have 8 collections, one paid in full, and another about to be, and one will be coming off soon, maybe, as Afni claims they couldn't find my account info when I sent a PFD email(also sent through mail) but that was about to come off in a year, anyways. I'll send some and GWs and I'm pretty confident I can get a good settlement with other ones except one(suddenlink/equidata). I mean, I only get 753 a month from SSI/SSDI, so how much do they think they are gonna get out of me?

also, may have help with a co signer to get a card or loan at the local bank.

Message 7 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

OP- I would try to get your scores up into the 620 range, specifcally TU for amazon store card. I think Citi best buy card is probably out of your reach for now. But you can probably get in with amazon, just get that score up a bit more. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.