Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy - "No possibility of CLI"?

tag
sqrt
Contributor

Re: Best Buy - "No possibility of CLI"?

@Creditaddict wrote:

If I'm not mistaken HSBC with Best Buy does not allow application to MC anymore... You apply for Store Card and if you don't qualify you will be offere the MC with either $39 or $79 AF I believe it is.  Limit probably starting at either $300 or $500.

Oh there is a AF on MC...then I'll pass...

freedom|forward|delta|spg|It|marriott|dividend|ua|aa|csp|typ
Message 21 of 23
sqrt
Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mike360 wrote:
It's a soft pull. I believe the plan b card is the MasterCard with low limits and a AF. Store card which is not branded has no AF with really good increases.

Not always a soft pull, I just asked for a CLI last week and got hit on EQ with a hard pull.

I would recommend freezing your reports, that way HP's are always out of the question unless you authorize it.

have you ever tried to freeze the report before?

freedom|forward|delta|spg|It|marriott|dividend|ua|aa|csp|typ
Message 22 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@sqrt wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mike360 wrote:
It's a soft pull. I believe the plan b card is the MasterCard with low limits and a AF. Store card which is not branded has no AF with really good increases.

Not always a soft pull, I just asked for a CLI last week and got hit on EQ with a hard pull.

I would recommend freezing your reports, that way HP's are always out of the question unless you authorize it.

have you ever tried to freeze the report before?

The idea behind the recent HP many of us have seen on BBMC was HSBC supposedly actually looking at peoples credit and "SOME" not many actually saw CLI that made sense, like you got this card with a 580 score and you have 720 now, you need $2k not $100.

Now as far as freezing your reports, if it's just your $300 BBMC that you are worried about I would not spend the money to lock and unlock reports for that.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.