cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy sending out new store card (design)

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Best Buy sending out new store card (design)

Waste of company money?

I think the current store and branded card are some of the ugliest cards I've seen and precisely why I wouldn't whip it out to make a purchase outside of BB. 

I do not think I will be using the replacement card as it, at least via the picture, will be any more appealing to the eye.

Anyone else get the email this morning?  Anyone w/ the MC getting a new card design?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy sending out new store card (design)

I have the store card and got the new card last week.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 23
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I received a snail mail letter from them last week to expect the new card but I haven't actually received the card yet. (I still have them bill me the old fashioned way (snail mail) but pay online...lol) I have a low limit on this card ($1100) so I don't plan to use it much either but it will be interesting to see what it looks like. I have no idea why they are changing the design unless they had to send out the cards anyway with the Cap 1 info on the card as part of their purchase agreement.

As an aside, I also received a separate letter about using the card to take advantage of different promo rates...

Message 3 of 23
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

I received a snail mail letter from them last week to expect the new card but I haven't actually received the card yet. (I still have them bill me the old fashioned way (snail mail) but pay online...lol) I have a low limit on this card ($1100) so I don't plan to use it much either but it will be interesting to see what it looks like. I have no idea why they are changing the design unless they had to send out the cards anyway with the Cap 1 info on the card as part of their purchase agreement.

As an aside, I also received a separate letter about using the card to take advantage of different promo rates...

My email stated something about that as well.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 23
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

I've been a card holder since '06 and haven't gotten a thing about it. Saw it on the forums last week, and asked at the store this weekend since I bough a new laptop. Sales Lady said they should be going out soon... Irked that I didn't even get an email or letter!

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 5 of 23
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Got new cards look cheap and i still have the old card it's not like i need it.

WASTE OF MONEY or more like end of the spend money for tax reason.

Message 6 of 23
mxp114
Valued Contributor

No new RZMC yet, but I like the new design much better. Has the customer service phone number changed on the card?

Message 7 of 23
Epcot
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

No new RZMC yet, but I like the new design much better. Has the customer service phone number changed on the card?

I have the store card and the customer service number in the back was the same on both cards. The new one also has the reward zone number on it as well.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 23
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Just got the email about the new RZMC that is "coming soon."

Message 9 of 23
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I got my card today and love it. It is a really nice matte finish, the edges are the Best Buy yellow. It is a very nice card design, 150% nicer than the original.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.