Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy (store card) Apr Increase

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Best Buy (store card) Apr Increase

Got my notice today for the store card. New rate will be prime + 20.99%, which currently means 24.24%.

If I ever had been tempted to carry a balance, this would have killed the temptation! Smiley Very Happy Shoot, I can't even bring myself to do the 0% thing.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Got my notice today for the store card. New rate will be prime + 20.99%, which currently means 24.24%.

Just remember that PIF = no concern for APR's.

But you knew that.  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

marinevietvet wrote:

Just remember that PIF = no concern for APR's.

But you knew that.  Smiley Happy

Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 16
lsutigers03
Valued Member

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Ok I called and canceled it.  Geez they really really try to make you keep it.  I really hated Best Buy for this charge but its HSBC that is charging it not Best Buy. Now my 0% purchases can truly be 0%.  I wonder how much they are making off of people with this stupid charge?

Good for you!!! What exactly was this "debt cancellation" charge meant to do?

Basically it's credit insurance so if you die or become disabled and can't pay off the balance then its forgiven.

Message 14 of 16
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

HSBC sucks!  They have raised all my accounts and I have closed all of them!!  Never will I do business with them again!!
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 15 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@lsutigers03 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Ok I called and canceled it.  Geez they really really try to make you keep it.  I really hated Best Buy for this charge but its HSBC that is charging it not Best Buy. Now my 0% purchases can truly be 0%.  I wonder how much they are making off of people with this stupid charge?

Good for you!!! What exactly was this "debt cancellation" charge meant to do?

Basically it's credit insurance so if you die or become disabled and can't pay off the balance then its forgiven.

So that's what they're calling it? Another reason to try and always PIF. Smiley Happy

May I ask how much this "insurance" was costing you a month?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.