Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Best Buy (store card) Apr Increase

Got my notice today for the store card. New rate will be prime + 20.99%, which currently means 24.24%.

If I ever had been tempted to carry a balance, this would have killed the temptation! :smileyvery-happy: Shoot, I can't even bring myself to do the 0% thing.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Got my notice today for the store card. New rate will be prime + 20.99%, which currently means 24.24%.

Just remember that PIF = no concern for APR's.

But you knew that.  :smileyhappy:

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

marinevietvet wrote:

Just remember that PIF = no concern for APR's.

But you knew that.  :smileyhappy:

:smileywink:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Member
lsutigers03

marinevietvet wrote:

Ok I called and canceled it.  Geez they really really try to make you keep it.  I really hated Best Buy for this charge but its HSBC that is charging it not Best Buy. Now my 0% purchases can truly be 0%.  I wonder how much they are making off of people with this stupid charge?

Good for you!!! What exactly was this "debt cancellation" charge meant to do?

Basically it's credit insurance so if you die or become disabled and can't pay off the balance then its forgiven.

Frequent Contributor
dallasjetfan

HSBC sucks!  They have raised all my accounts and I have closed all of them!!  Never will I do business with them again!!
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

lsutigers03 wrote:

marinevietvet wrote:

Ok I called and canceled it.  Geez they really really try to make you keep it.  I really hated Best Buy for this charge but its HSBC that is charging it not Best Buy. Now my 0% purchases can truly be 0%.  I wonder how much they are making off of people with this stupid charge?

Good for you!!! What exactly was this "debt cancellation" charge meant to do?

Basically it's credit insurance so if you die or become disabled and can't pay off the balance then its forgiven.

So that's what they're calling it? Another reason to try and always PIF. :smileyhappy:

May I ask how much this "insurance" was costing you a month?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+