Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy store card CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy store card CLI

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just received a CLI via LUV button online. I know I have read a lot of rumors HSBC wouldnt offer CLI for 6 months and a lot of people were getting turned down from them (including me) but the LUV button seems to be back up and active. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy store card CLI

button always been there.. had my card since january got turned down twice already.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Button was always there but a lot of people claimed HSBC stopped giving CLI for 6 months after Feb 22 CC Act

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorta on the subject...

Regarding the $800 max limit for Tier B, has anyone been successful in getting their account converted to Tier A without completely reapplying? I got approved in October for the $800 limit I currently have, and there's no chance of CLI because I'm Tier B (trust me, I tried).  I only care because I want to use the 18 months no interest promotion to buy a laptop that's considerably more than my limit.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ i wish i could help you on this one, but i cant, i have tier a

Message 5 of 16
-RED
Regular Contributor

You should know it is not just you, because [as of 02/22/2010] HSBC is not giving CLI's to any card holders in any of their portfolios.

@Anonymous wrote:

button always been there.. had my card since january got turned down twice already.

-800 or Bust...!
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-RED wrote:

You should know it is not just you, because [as of 02/22/2010] HSBC is not giving CLI's to any card holders in any of their portfolios.

That is not true i requested one over the phone using the automated system from the number that's on the back of the card. Game me a $3OO CL. The system over the phone still ask for income. I was reading on another forum that allot of people was having luck using the automated system over the phone. Some of you should give it a try. This happen last month by the way.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorta on the subject...

Regarding the $800 max limit for Tier B, has anyone been successful in getting their account converted to Tier A without completely reapplying? I got approved in October for the $800 limit I currently have, and there's no chance of CLI because I'm Tier B (trust me, I tried).  I only care because I want to use the 18 months no interest promotion to buy a laptop that's considerably more than my limit.

I was supposedly in the B program when my card first started out almost 2 years ago. Starting CL was $600. For that first year i hit the luv button like 3 times i would receive a letter in the mail stating i was at the max CL for my account an i would not receive a CLI. I was so mad i had a card for a store i love but it would not grow with me. Last year in Oct of 09 had my card over a year by then.  I was up late online bored checking my best buy account online an was like WTH ill give this luv button thing one last try. Hit the luv button an to my surprise they gave me a $200 increase from $600 to $800. Then a month ago received another CLI from $800 to $1100. My credit has improved so much since Aug of 08 when my card was opened so maybe when my scores got better i was bumped from the B plan. Good luck.

Message 8 of 16
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

If your credit is good, and you have been diligent with HSBC and using your overall credit lines I would request to speak to a manager about migrating your card to a TIER I card.

I was in a similar situation with Chase when I had a Circuity City card and wanted to buy a new TV but my limit was $2k and the TV was much more. I called and requested a CLI and was told "sorry, you're at the limit for your card. however we can do a hard pull and if you're approved we can combine the two accounts." 

Without hesitation I agreed and took the INQ but was approved for a $5k card, they then combined the two and I got my new TV. 

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 9 of 16
-RED
Regular Contributor

Good to know.

-800 or Bust...!
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.