Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy store card w/Capital One

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy store card w/Capital One

I got mine back in HSBC days, so it was one pull from EQ. I would lock two to avoid three HP application, what a nightmare!

Message 11 of 41
Weights
Regular Contributor

I know...that's why I never applied for a Capital One card in the past, on top of mixed reviews with credit lmits and their customer service. It's only because of the Best Buy promotional financing for bigger purchases that caused me to blink on this one. 

Please keep the information coming. I'm sure others on here would be curious as well. Again, I'm curious as to what card you were offered, the limit, and what your credit score/history was like at the time, especially if it was in the last six months once Capital One took over the financing. 

Message 12 of 41
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Weights wrote:

I know...that's why I never applied for a Capital One card in the past, on top of mixed reviews with credit lmits and their customer service. It's only because of the Best Buy promotional financing for bigger purchases that caused me to blink on this one. 

Please keep the information coming. I'm sure others on here would be curious as well. Again, I'm curious as to what card you were offered, the limit, and what your credit score/history was like at the time, especially if it was in the last six months once Capital One took over the financing. 

BTW my CLI from 1200 to 3000 was at my request via a manual review after the crap1 buyout.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 41
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Weights wrote:

which credit bureau(s) did Capital one pull? I know they tend to pull all three, but wondered if it's different when applying for a Best Buy card.

They still pull all 3. I think they pull all 3 for every card they offer, including store cards and cobranded cards. 

The best buy card isn't a bad one, it just sucks that you don't pick which one you apply for. You could get stuck with the crappy $59 AF Gold, or get the $0 AF plat (which would be cool). I don't mind that GE does apps like this (where they consider you for visa/mc/discover/amex first, and then try for store card) since none of their cards really have AFs. but getting stuck with a $59 AF gold mastercard would suck. Smiley Tongue 

I do know someone on here has a best buy store card with a ~30k limit. I remember seeing that post Smiley Tongue 

Message 14 of 41
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

so far thaey only pulled EQ for me last night

Message 15 of 41
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

I hope I did not jinx myself...Smiley Mad...

Message 16 of 41
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 i don't think pulls all 3 for store cards.

Message 17 of 41
Weights
Regular Contributor

which card were you offered, and what limit?

Message 18 of 41
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Weights wrote:

which card were you offered, and what limit?

I got the store card ...makes my second plan B card with CL max 750....so I guess I have 1500 CL..

Message 19 of 41
beb86
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Weights wrote:

which credit bureau(s) did Capital one pull? I know they tend to pull all three, but wondered if it's different when applying for a Best Buy card.

They still pull all 3. I think they pull all 3 for every card they offer, including store cards and cobranded cards. 

The best buy card isn't a bad one, it just sucks that you don't pick which one you apply for. You could get stuck with the crappy $59 AF Gold, or get the $0 AF plat (which would be cool). I don't mind that GE does apps like this (where they consider you for visa/mc/discover/amex first, and then try for store card) since none of their cards really have AFs. but getting stuck with a $59 AF gold mastercard would suck. Smiley Tongue 

I do know someone on here has a best buy store card with a ~30k limit. I remember seeing that post Smiley Tongue 

Yeah the store card are known to give out some high limits..... Lets you you just bought a house and was trying to furnish it with tvs, surround, w/d, kit apps, etc... it adds up 

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.