Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy store card w/Capital One

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy store card w/Capital One

yeah i got a 2k store card in 2010. 2500 now. 

from what i was told today if your a silver premier member you get the 4%cash back points as well as the 18% month financing(appliances-was looking at washer and dryer) . and 36 on electronics etc... 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 21 of 41
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

from what i was told today if your a silver premier member you get the 4%cash back points as well as the 18% month financing(appliances-was looking at washer and dryer) . and 36 on electronics etc... 

I am premier silver and you do not get both. You still have to choose promo financing or 4% back. Premier silver offers a small amount of bonus points, so it may actually be like 2.5% or 4.5%, but it is not the extra points and promo financing.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 22 of 41
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

I am premier silver and you do not get both. You still have to choose promo financing or 4% back. Premier silver offers a small amount of bonus points, so it may actually be like 2.5% or 4.5%, but it is not the extra points and promo financing.

sorry not the full 4% your correct. 

thats what i thought as well but according to the manager of this best buy that even if you get financing as a premier silver you get the regular amount instead of the premier amount (i meant the 2% vs 4%) but hey 2% on 2k is still not bad. 

sadly you cannot put it towards your card. 

and you have to spend 2k a year i think to retain the status. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 23 of 41
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Weights wrote:

which credit bureau(s) did Capital one pull? I know they tend to pull all three, but wondered if it's different when applying for a Best Buy card.

They still pull all 3. I think they pull all 3 for every card they offer, including store cards and cobranded cards. 

The best buy card isn't a bad one, it just sucks that you don't pick which one you apply for. You could get stuck with the crappy $59 AF Gold, or get the $0 AF plat (which would be cool). I don't mind that GE does apps like this (where they consider you for visa/mc/discover/amex first, and then try for store card) since none of their cards really have AFs. but getting stuck with a $59 AF gold mastercard would suck. Smiley Tongue 

I do know someone on here has a best buy store card with a ~30k limit. I remember seeing that post Smiley Tongue 

Yeah the store card are known to give out some high limits..... Lets you you just bought a house and was trying to furnish it with tvs, surround, w/d, kit apps, etc... it adds up 

I think you're both refering to Ron1 who if I remember correctly also has the Best Buy PLATINUM MasterCard with a much lower limit as well and has had it for quite a while.   He'll correct me if I'm wrong, he ususally spots these types of threads and tries his best to help others with info.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 24 of 41
RyVision
Valued Contributor

They (BB) actually just sent me a new replacement card.  It says "Best Buy Reward Zone"  on the front along with my RZ number, no MC logo (I never had that anyway).    Still at the 25.24%  but paying 0% (CL 900 to 1000 then Cap1...).

So now that BB is Cap1, I'm not even sure WHAT "Plan" I'm on with them now......  As long as there's no AF, I guess I don't really care Smiley Indifferent

If I didn't have it already, I sure wouldn't apply for it now Smiley LOL

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 25 of 41
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

sorry not the full 4% your correct. 

thats what i thought as well but according to the manager of this best buy that even if you get financing as a premier silver you get the regular amount instead of the premier amount (i meant the 2% vs 4%) but hey 2% on 2k is still not bad. 

sadly you cannot put it towards your card. 

and you have to spend 2k a year i think to retain the status. 

$2500 per year and you get:

Free expedited shipping and in home delivery

Extra half percent back on all purchases

annual in house geek squad call for free

free helpline for basic stuff like setting up a new tv ect.

60 day return policy

personal shopper

some random early access sales and special offers

As you can see I spend too much time/money at best buy...haha

The crap1 buyout of the card makes me like it way less. I know all stayed the same, but still..major dislike

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 26 of 41
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Just went to test an application...hey whats another INQ right? haha

So I have had the store card for 8 months and it has a $3,000 limit. I wanted to see if I could get the mastercard version, so I APPed.

I was approved for a $300 limit and a $59 AF....WOOT!

Simply put, I will not be accepting that offer. Sound like I will be calling the executive office tomorrow.

Ugh Crap1 strikes again Smiley Sad

Message 27 of 41
Weights
Regular Contributor

lol..I can't help but think of the absurdity which surrounds that Dustink.  Currently, i have a security freeze in place on all the bureaus, so I just decided to go ahead and submit an app to see which bureau(s) they'd want to pull.  My decline letter referenced only Equifax, so take that for what it's worth. 

Please keep the comments coming in for those who haven't posted yet about their approval offers and credit profile. 

Message 28 of 41
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Weights wrote:

lol..I can't help but think of the absurdity which surrounds that Dustink.  Currently, i have a security freeze in place on all the bureaus, so I just decided to go ahead and submit an app to see which bureau(s) they'd want to pull.  My decline letter referenced only Equifax, so take that for what it's worth. 

Please keep the comments coming in for those who haven't posted yet about their approval offers and credit profile. 

Yes, the senior rep told me that it was a single bureau pull.

It was funny listening to the first rep tell me how it was only a soft pull and that it should only lower my score a few points. Gotta love crap1.

Message 29 of 41
Weights
Regular Contributor

lol, all these mixed comments are really having me wonder whether I should actually let Crap one consider me for this card or not. I mean, if I apply and only get a low limit, what's the point? BTW, my credit profile is as follows for those who are wondering: EQ-750, TU-760, one new account in last year, 2% utilization, no baddies, highest limit is Chase Sapphire preferred at $10K, and equifax has 2 inquiries within the last year.  Still, you never seem to know with Crap One it seems...

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.