Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Best Buy store card w/Capital One


Weights wrote:

lol, all these mixed comments are really having me wonder whether I should actually let Crap one consider me for this card or not. I mean, if I apply and only get a low limit, what's the point? BTW, my credit profile is as follows for those who are wondering: EQ-750, TU-760, one new account in last year, 2% utilization, no baddies, highest limit is Chase Sapphire preferred at $10K, and equifax has 2 inquiries within the last year.  Still, you never seem to know with Crap One it seems...


My score are low to mid 700's. Several new apps. Low utilization and about 25k in available credit. I have new credit, but they didn't seem to care when I apped in February and they gave me a much better card...

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Best Buy store card w/Capital One

Hopefully executive office can help with my approval for a $300 $59 AF card. I called in and I was told they do not have access to the accounts yet, so they will be getting in touch with HSBC executive office to get it handled.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 498
Registered: ‎01-29-2009
0

Re: Best Buy store card w/Capital One

Had a platinum mastercard and i screwed up and kept using my gold because of habit and within a 5 month period of getting it they closed it for nonusage. (hsbc) We have also had a store card for a while. It was a plan b card although they have given us two different CLI  started at 750 went to 850 and then 1100..  We closed it going on almost 3 months ago. Still today if we log into the website it shows open. They are still reporting it as open. Only thing i have not done yet because we destroyed the cards is try to use them to make sure it is closed.(my wife is going to test it she is a manager at best buy and can pull it up with out the card). We have called twice and they swear the card is closed.  Next year around march or so we are going to be buying a new Frig and dishwasher and want a bigger CL to do it since my wife works there and has a model in mind.


Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 761 From 12/11/2013
Goal Score: 800


Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Best Buy store card w/Capital One


Woolfman wrote:

Had a platinum mastercard and i screwed up and kept using my gold because of habit and within a 5 month period of getting it they closed it for nonusage. (hsbc) We have also had a store card for a while. It was a plan b card although they have given us two different CLI  started at 750 went to 850 and then 1100..  We closed it going on almost 3 months ago. Still today if we log into the website it shows open. They are still reporting it as open. Only thing i have not done yet because we destroyed the cards is try to use them to make sure it is closed.(my wife is going to test it she is a manager at best buy and can pull it up with out the card). We have called twice and they swear the card is closed.  Next year around march or so we are going to be buying a new Frig and dishwasher and want a bigger CL to do it since my wife works there and has a model in mind.


BestBuy has a pretty good employee discount. Hope your able to get the new account or CLI you want.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012
0

Re: Best Buy store card w/Capital One


Dustink wrote:

Hopefully executive office can help with my approval for a $300 $59 AF card. I called in and I was told they do not have access to the accounts yet, so they will be getting in touch with HSBC executive office to get it handled.


PM'd you.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Regular Contributor
Posts: 162
Registered: ‎09-20-2012
0

Re: Best Buy store card w/Capital One

After all the mixed reviews here, I'm having serious doubts about letting them consider me for this card.  Does anyone here believe that the Best Buy store card with Crap one is worth it? I'm certainly as hell not going to accept a card with only a $300 limit and a $59 annual fee.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 436
Registered: ‎03-19-2010
0

Re: Best Buy store card w/Capital One


Weights wrote:

After all the mixed reviews here, I'm having serious doubts about letting them consider me for this card.  Does anyone here believe that the Best Buy store card with Crap one is worth it? I'm certainly as hell not going to accept a card with only a $300 limit and a $59 annual fee.


There is a few versions of the store card that are VERY good to have. It seems like they offered you the Plan B store card. In this case i'd strongly advise you to deny the offer. The high AF is not worth it. With such a low credit limit that will most likely never grow you won't be able to take advantage of the nicer promotion refers that they have.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 162
Registered: ‎09-20-2012
0

Re: Best Buy store card w/Capital One

Mike360,

    Equifax was locked when I submitted the app recently, and I haven't called them back yet for further consideration, so I haven't been approved for anything yet. I don't know for sure what I'd be offer; you can check my earlier post for my credit profile. I'm just hesitant to actually take the inquiry hit given some of the others feedback on here. 

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 436
Registered: ‎03-19-2010
0

Re: Best Buy store card w/Capital One

[ Edited ]

Weights wrote:

Mike360,

    Equifax was locked when I submitted the app recently, and I haven't called them back yet for further consideration, so I haven't been approved for anything yet. I don't know for sure what I'd be offer; you can check my earlier post for my credit profile. I'm just hesitant to actually take the inquiry hit given some of the others feedback on here. 


My bad. I read your post about your profile and you'll probably get approved for like 3-5k.  you need a strong profile to get approved for a lot and it seems like u'll be fine.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Best Buy store card w/Capital One


Mike360 wrote:

Weights wrote:

After all the mixed reviews here, I'm having serious doubts about letting them consider me for this card.  Does anyone here believe that the Best Buy store card with Crap one is worth it? I'm certainly as hell not going to accept a card with only a $300 limit and a $59 annual fee.


There is a few versions of the store card that are VERY good to have. It seems like they offered you the Plan B store card. In this case i'd strongly advise you to deny the offer. The high AF is not worth it. With such a low credit limit that will most likely never grow you won't be able to take advantage of the nicer promotion refers that they have.


Yeah and I already have the store card with a $3,000 limit and no AF. I hope the executive office will be able to work something out.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.