Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy

tag
Zeno
Contributor

Best Buy

I have no credit i called best buy a salesperson said it would cost between $22-$25 for a store card is it good to get a best buy store card?

Ex:717 EQ: 734 TU: 721
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best Buy

Best Buy is not a easy card to get for people with limited or no credit history. i wouldn't waste the time in trying either you'll just hurt yourself in starting your credit. Try Target,Kohls or maybe Macy's. Also, i'm not sure where you got $22-$25 from cause i don't believe there is any fee's to obtain the card just the mastercard version may have a annual fee.

Message 2 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Zeno wrote:

I have no credit i called best buy a salesperson said it would cost between $22-$25 for a store card is it good to get a best buy store card?

It would cost you $$ to get the card?? Never heard of that before.....

Do you have any history at all on your reports?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 35
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

@Zeno wrote:

I'm not sure what he was talking about as Best Buy Store cards do not have AF fee as far as I know. With no credit you might have to go the secured route like Capital One Secured or try some unsecured products like Orchard Bank. There might be a possibility of getting $300 Unsecured Best Buy Reward Zone card with like $300 bucks as thier requierements are not as strict but I doubt it...With no credit though you probably will get denied for Best Buy Store Card.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 4 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MarcinXP wrote:

@Zeno wrote:

I'm not sure what he was talking about as Best Buy Store cards do not have AF fee as far as I know. With no credit you might have to go the secured route like Capital One Secured or try some unsecured products like Orchard Bank. There might be a possibility of getting $300 Unsecured Best Buy Reward Zone card with like $300 bucks as thier requierements are not as strict but I doubt it...With no credit though you probably will get denied for Best Buy Store Card.

Take this advice OP, you do not want this card, its a total waste of an INQ.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 35
Zeno
Contributor

i was trying to put a laptop on layaway because i've had something on layaway from them before he was tring to talk me into a store card but i told him no and he kept telling me on the phone about how much i would have to pay for the card

Message 6 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Zeno wrote:

i was trying to put a laptop on layaway because i've had something on layaway from them before he was tring to talk me into a store card but i told him no and he kept telling me on the phone about how much i would have to pay for the card

I would suggest putting a large deposit down on a secured card (Cap1) and hold it for 6 months to a year.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 35
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Zeno wrote:

You cannot build credit history by putting stuff  on layaway.  It is not a financing plan.  Those BB people tried to make a sale to get bonus. I haven't seen people getting rejected because of no credit/bad credit.  Getting a secured card to build credit history like LS said.  I don't know if you have those subprime loan company inside your BB store.  They charged high APR with no grace period. Those doesn't help to build credit either.

Ron.

Message 8 of 35
Zeno
Contributor

no i was just asking if i could get approved with no credit but i was going with layaway but he was trying to get me the store card and i told him i have no credit he said they would prefer i have credit but they go by more than credit they go by income thats why i told him i would go with layaway

Message 9 of 35
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Zeno wrote:

no i was just asking if i could get approved with no credit but i was going with layaway but he was trying to get me the store card and i told him i have no credit he said they would prefer i have credit but they go by more than credit they go by income thats why i told him i would go with layaway

Zeno,

Sorry to hear. Layaway doesn't help to build credit. You don't get the item today until paid off.  Good thing is no interest. Bad thing is not helping to build credit. Keep in mind.  BB people want to make the sale. They don't care which kind of payment you use. Building credit  may take time to build (not a day or month). If you have any help to build, you can ask anyone here. I'm sure they will help you.

Good luck for your purchase.

Ron.

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.