Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Best Buy

I agree with a CU for the long haul, I was reccomending Cap1 to startup your credit journey.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 31 of 35
Zeno
Contributor

i have no credit score so is a loan good to start building credit as well? and i was thinking of getting a secure credit card from my moms credit union how much money should i start off with on the card? thinking of starting out with $200

Ex:717 EQ: 734 TU: 721
Message 32 of 35
drewrico
New Contributor

I'm sorry, this topic is fairly old, but i was reading through it and couldnt stop laughing. 

To the person who said something about Amazon building warehouses in more states, guess what, any state amazon has a warehouse in has to pay sales tax on the order, also state governments are starting to pass laws that require sales tax on online sales, including amazon. so that is money you will stop being able to save. 

whoever said that amazon is cheaper, http://www.smartmoney.com/spend/technology/10-things-amazon-wont-tell-you-1340298990486/ , read number 10 (i think) plus best buy price matches online prices, so cant say amazon is cheaper. 

to whoever said the sales person was trying to get a bonus when being talked to on the phone, best buy associates are non commissioned so no, no one is trying to make a bonus. 

also good luck returning your order to amazon, must suck to pack something up in a box, tape it up, put in the mail and wait for your refund. when you could walk into an old fashioned brick and mortar store and get a refund right then and there for a purchase you dont like. 

best buy does not offer layaway of any kind, just 0% financing on qualifying purchases made on the best buy card... 

i agree best buys business model doesnt work anymore, but they are making changes that obviously people dont care enough about 160,000 people with jobs, keeping those jobs. 

support your brick and mortar stores, for real.

Message 33 of 35
Zeno
Contributor

what about an unsecured credit card will it also help to build credit? since they both have to be paid on and they report to the credit agencies

Ex:717 EQ: 734 TU: 721
Message 34 of 35
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Zeno wrote:

what about an unsecured credit card will it also help to build credit? since they both have to be paid on and they report to the credit agencies

It would help a lot. The issue is that in order to get an unsecured card you usually need to have some kind of credit history to get approved. Hence the suggestions to start with a secured card and/or personal loan.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.