Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy

When you initially complete the application process on the website www.bestbuy.com for credit card it is a preapproval process(soft pull)--your hard inquiry doesnt come unless you click to accept which offer they are eligible to offer you---which then will also determine your credit limit

Spoke with someone in HSBC lending services who advised me of this so figured I would inform all my FICO friends who may be interested--

Have a wonderful day!!
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Best Buy

I don't see where you can do pre-approval on bestbuy, it just says decisions in 60 sec.???
Message 2 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

So when you click submit, it doesn't result in a hard pull until after you receive an offer on a subsequent page? Nice.

I've wondered if BestBuy applicants who don't qualify for the MC are automatically offered the store card (or vice versa), or if it requires a second application.
Message 3 of 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I just applied and it says that they are still processing it. Sounds like a hard inq to me! I will be a little grouchy.
Message 4 of 40
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

I don't think it works that way either. If I get a hard inq and a card I didn't want I will be less than impressed.
Message 5 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSRs seem to make it up as they go along about 50% of the time.

Message 6 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditaddict yes the section under credit where you apply you click it and go thru the application process it then tells you what card you are prequalified for and if any AF would apply--its an offer it gives you a date that you have up to  --to accept the offer......you can go on and click on already applied at anytime and accept the offer or decline--at anytime within that date--she also advised me that if decline the offer you can come back every 3-6 mos to see if you can get a better offer
Message 7 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

mjgray exactly---
Message 8 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

well I did it last night and got the little message so didnt accept it waited till today and called to talk to lening services of HSBC who were not available last night and was told this--havent gotten any alert that a report has been pulled on me for this offer yet ....?????

Just going by what the lady told me --but as well know you never know

But she did say thats how it was set up--guess we all shall see Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone end up with a hard doing this??? Im a little weary of it, but very interested too!
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.