Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best CC Option At This Point?

tag
JamesDowns
New Visitor

Best CC Option At This Point?

Hi

I am in a bit of a quandry.  Hoping to get some advise.  I have three credit cards as follows:

Us Bank - Limit is $1200.  I have $1175 or so on it.  

Chase - Limit is $500.  I have $500 and then some on it.  

CreditOne - Limit is $1000.  I have about 950 on it.  I am about 60 days late on this one.

With all my cards pretty much maxd out, it is obviously time for a new one.  I am pretty sure my credit is not to good.   What credit card would it be best for me to get next?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: Best CC Option At This Point?

@JamesDowns wrote:

Hi

I am in a bit of a quandry.  Hoping to get some advise.  I have three credit cards as follows:

CreditOne - Limit is $1000.  I have about 950 on it.  I am about 60 days late on this one.

With all my cards pretty much maxd out, it is obviously time for a new one.  I am pretty sure my credit is not to good.   What credit card would it be best for me to get next?

I would advise applying for the Credit None.

Message 2 of 17
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@JamesDowns wrote:

Hi

You should pay those down if you can before apping for a new credit card. Are you able to make payments on them?

Message 3 of 17
fot1
Established Contributor

Chances are you won't be able to get another card with this on your Credit Report.. You need to get your balanecs down, and get that credit one caught up before it turns to a charge off..

Too many to list..
Message 4 of 17
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Yea no apps for you my friend. 

Message 5 of 17
pip3man
Valued Contributor

you are putting yourself into more debt by applying for more credit when your already maxed with your current ones. Moreover it will be difficult to qualify for new credit cos u may appear as high risk with the high utilization and especially 60 days late reporting at this time (i.e if it was recent). First pay down ur current balances as much as u can then take it from there.

Message 6 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JamesDowns wrote:

Hi

Is this April Fools? Credit doesn't work like that... once maxed you get a new one... no sorry, pay them down and stop using them.

Message 7 of 17
Bman70
Established Contributor

@JamesDowns wrote:

Hi

You meant to say "With all my cards pretty much maxed out, it is obviously time to start paying them off." Didn't you? 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 8 of 17
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

@JamesDowns wrote:

Hi

You meant to say "With all my cards pretty much maxed out, it is obviously time to start paying them off." Didn't you? 

looool^^

Message 9 of 17
Bman70
Established Contributor

But seriously, with this approach to credit lines you are inviting a future bankruptcy when it all catches up. Then you'll have 10 years of recovery to look forward to. Do you really want that? Right now your recovery is pretty easy, with only about $3k in balances. If you begin to pay those off, put all your extra money toward it for a year or so, you'll be able to reap the rewards in a year. So in a few years you can have a nice FICO and some fat credit lines, or else be spiraling out of control closer to bankruptcy. You get to decide, but it will affect the rest of your life.. so put some thought into it. Ok lecture concluded Smiley Happy

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.