Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best CC Option At This Point?

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: Best CC Option At This Point?

@Bman70 wrote:

But seriously, with this approach to credit lines you are inviting a future bankruptcy when it all catches up. Then you'll have 10 years of recovery to look forward to. Do you really want that? Right now your recovery is pretty easy, with only about $3k in balances. If you begin to pay those off, put all your extra money toward it for a year or so, you'll be able to reap the rewards in a year. So in a few years you can have a nice FICO and some fat credit lines, or else be spiraling out of control closer to bankruptcy. You get to decide, but it will affect the rest of your life.. so put some thought into it. Ok lecture concluded Smiley Happy

Assuming we're not getting trolled (which IMHO is a big assumption!), I don't think OP has anything to worry about.  No legitimate bank/card company is going to grant him/her credit at this time...period.  Just the 60 day late alone knocks him out of the box with most lenders.  So OP can either:

a). pay down his/her debts, quickly.

b). get used to not having access to credit for a LONG time.

If you are for real OP, I hope you heed Bman and others' really solid advice.

Message 11 of 17
blondy250
Established Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

@JamesDowns wrote:

Hi

I am in a bit of a quandry.  Hoping to get some advise.  I have three credit cards as follows:

Us Bank - Limit is $1200.  I have $1175 or so on it.  

Chase - Limit is $500.  I have $500 and then some on it.  

CreditOne - Limit is $1000.  I have about 950 on it.  I am about 60 days late on this one.

With all my cards pretty much maxd out, it is obviously time for a new one.  I am pretty sure my credit is not to good.   What credit card would it be best for me to get next?

I would advise applying for the Credit None.

Lmao thanks Dw4250, nearly spit up my beverage when I read that.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 12 of 17
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

But seriously, with this approach to credit lines you are inviting a future bankruptcy when it all catches up. Then you'll have 10 years of recovery to look forward to. Do you really want that? Right now your recovery is pretty easy, with only about $3k in balances. If you begin to pay those off, put all your extra money toward it for a year or so, you'll be able to reap the rewards in a year. So in a few years you can have a nice FICO and some fat credit lines, or else be spiraling out of control closer to bankruptcy. You get to decide, but it will affect the rest of your life.. so put some thought into it. Ok lecture concluded Smiley Happy

+1000

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 13 of 17
Bman70
Established Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

@Bman70 wrote:

Assuming we're not getting trolled (which IMHO is a big assumption!), I don't think OP has anything to worry about.  No legitimate bank/card company is going to grant him/her credit at this time...period.  Just the 60 day late alone knocks him out of the box with most lenders.  So OP can either:

a). pay down his/her debts, quickly.

b). get used to not having access to credit for a LONG time.

If you are for real OP, I hope you heed Bman and others' really solid advice.

If it's trolling, it's a masterpiece. Perfect from "quandry" to "advise." Sigh. So beautiful

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 14 of 17
Involver
Valued Contributor

I think a NPSL charge card would be best for you.

Message 15 of 17
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

Assuming we're not getting trolled (which IMHO is a big assumption!), I don't think OP has anything to worry about.  No legitimate bank/card company is going to grant him/her credit at this time...period.  Just the 60 day late alone knocks him out of the box with most lenders.

I was just gonna say I was amazed at how many people took the bait...  the 60 day late comment is what gave it away in addition to it being the OP's 1st post.

I mean c'mon people... obvious troll is obvious.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 16 of 17
EW800
Valued Contributor

Is this April Fools? Credit doesn't work like that... once maxed you get a new one... no sorry, pay them down and stop using them.

Would that kind of be like, "I can't be overdrawn, I still have some checks left!"   Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.