Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best CC for entertainment, bars, and restaurants

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Best CC for entertainment, bars, and restaurants

Need some help on deciding what CC offers the best rewards for entertainment, bars, restaurants. Thanks in advance.....

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Best CC for entertainment, bars, and restaurants

Citi Forward --> 3.2% return per dollar spent on entertainment, bars, and restaurants.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with Citi Forward.

Message 3 of 21
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred has a 2pts per $1 spent on the reference above?? Any other banks comes near?

I would like rewards, cashback options that can be converted to flyer miles. A card with no AF...probably far fetched I am sure.

Anyone?

Message 4 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Citi Forward - choice 1

other options: Costco Amex or now the new Mercedes Amex.

Message 5 of 21
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

Chase Sapphire Preferred has a 2pts per $1 spent on the reference above?? Any other banks comes near?

I would like rewards, cashback options that can be converted to flyer miles. A card with no AF...probably far fetched I am sure.

Anyone?

An AF of $95 pretty much negated any rewards you are getting (unless you spend a lot on these bonus categories). Not to mention entertainment does not fall into 2 pts category.

Citi Forward offers the highest return for those categories.

You can look into Discover Escape, AF of $60 with 2 miles per dollars spent. Not airline miles though.

Message 6 of 21
clocktick
Valued Contributor

What things are considered as entertainment, movies?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Travelocity amex with $39 AF get 4% back on restaurant,fastfood toward travel purchase on travelocity.com. But if their price is not the cheapest for your destination, it might actually worth less than 4% to buy from them than from competitors.
Message 8 of 21
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

That can vary depending on each lender. But in general this includes movie, concert, bookstore, video game, movie rental, and album store.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

citi's website says:

5 ThankYou Points for every $1 spent on purchases at restaurants (including fast food), bookstores, music stores, video rental stores and movie theaters; 1 ThankYou Point for every $1 spent on all other purchases

does a bar really count as a restaurant?  i mean if you go to a dance club that only sells alcohol, would you get the 5 points per dollar spent there?

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.