cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best CC for paying cable/internet/cell?

tag
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Re: Best CC for paying cable/internet/cell?

Yeah, it's looking more & more that the Barclays Rewards MC is the card I'll be app'ing for in 6 months. My AT&T bill ~$150/month for cable/internet/cell

Message 11 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

there are other cards such as fidelity amex that gives you 2% for everything, so that may be a better option.

You may also just want to consider using your Quicksilver card for it. The difference in rewards compared to the barclaycard rewards is just $9 / year. I wouldn't open a new tradeline just for that.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

@Santi78342 wrote:

Yeah, it's looking more & more that the Barclays Rewards MC is the card I'll be app'ing for in 6 months. My AT&T bill ~$150/month for cable/internet/cell

you may also want to call AT&T for discounts / rewards. Depending on your employer / alma mater, you may be eligible for discounts on your cell phone bill.

They also have new plans that may be a cheaper option for some customers. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 17
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Just get the barclay reward MasterCard. It has 2x points on gas and utilies
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 14 of 17
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

there are other cards such as fidelity amex that gives you 2% for everything, so that may be a better option.

You may also just want to consider using your Quicksilver card for it. The difference in rewards compared to the barclaycard rewards is just $9 / year. I wouldn't open a new tradeline just for that.

I am currently using my QSO for pretty much everything including my AT&T bill. I was hoping to find something that would give me better rewards for utilities along with a couple of other things so the Cash+ or Fidelity AmEx may be the best choice for me when I get my scores up. 

@enharu wrote:

@Santi78342 wrote:

you may also want to call AT&T for discounts / rewards. Depending on your employer / alma mater, you may be eligible for discounts on your cell phone bill.

They also have new plans that may be a cheaper option for some customers. 

I currently get a 22% discount through my sister and brother-in-law through their employer and just recently switched to one their new plans. But thanks for the advice!

Message 15 of 17
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

I would PC your BofA card from Cash rewards to Better Balance Rewards. You can earn $120 a year in rewards if you charge your utilities and pay them off in full each months. You would need to spend a lot in purchases to earn similar rewards with your current card. Right now, I put my light bill, cable bill, and cell phone bill on my BBR card each month and pay in full.
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 16 of 17
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@MACFRME wrote:
I would PC your BofA card from Cash rewards to Better Balance Rewards. You can earn $120 a year in rewards if you charge your utilities and pay them off in full each months. You would need to spend a lot in purchases to earn similar rewards with your current card. Right now, I put my light bill, cable bill, and cell phone bill on my BBR card each month and pay in full.

I would but I just opened the card and haven't even received it yet. I would like to keep the Cash Rewards open and open the BBR in six months. I don't want to push my luck and app for the BBR now though. But thanks for the suggestion and I will definitely keep it in mind. I originally was hoping to put my insurance on the BBR and my utilities on a different card as my insurance is about $90 as opposed to the $150 AT&T bill, thus maximizing the rewards. (9.25% with insurance vs. 5.5% with AT&T)

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.