Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best CC's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best CC's?

Just curious... 

What's everyones favorite CC that they have and why? 

26 REPLIES 26
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Best CC's?

Toss up between BCP and Discover. 10% rewards on the categories for 1st year hard to beat. BCP Groceries 6% is big.

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Daily Drivers: AMEX BCE and Discover

Honorary Mention: Blue Delta Skymiles (which somewhat took the place of CapOne, currently SD'd since they refuse to grow the limit on the card post graduating as secured)

Message 3 of 27
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

It's a biz card, but AMEX Blue Business Plus.  2 MR/dollar up to $50,000 spent annually, and I don't get near that in my spend.  Really good for folks who like MRs or even as a cashback card for folks with a Schwab Plat.

Others not too far behind:  SPG, Discover it, Citi DC, Chase Hyatt

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 4 of 27
negg
Frequent Contributor

CSR and freedom unlimited with a dash of delta Amex.  Everything else is candy bar and bills credit cards 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 5 of 27
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Right now my daily drivers are citi Costco, PenFed power cash, Amex bcp, us Bank cash +, and chase csp.
Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to have to agree with the trend. 

Amex BCE - Got an awesome sign up bonus: $100 after $1k spend, 10% cashback @ restaurants for the first 180, 0% intrest for the year. Got a 3x CLI @61 days after account open. Aside from all of that it's got 3% on groceries, and 2% on gas & department stores, and 1% for everything else - I primarily use it for groceries and gas.

Discover IT - Love the 5% rotating categories, so I use it for whichever category is active. Also double cashback match after the first year, so it's really at 10% right now. 

Quicksilver - 1.5% cash back, and use it for the other stuff not in the Amex or Discover bonus categories. 

Message 7 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My favorite CC is CreditCuriosity Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wearing a Chase t-shirt right now, if that's any indication. Their sign-up bonuses have funded a trip to Disney World this December. I've also been a Chase cardholder for 24 years, so when push comes to shove, they're my faves. I have the Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Disney, Disney Premier, and Hyatt right now. I had the Southwest Premier and Sapphire Preferred too, but closed those after the first year. I'll probably get one or both of them again at some point. I also want the AARP card for the sign-up bonus and 3% on gas and restaurants with no annual fee. 

That said, I really have a soft spot for my Discover It. The cashback match in the first year (which I'm still in) is fantastic. It'll stay with me long-term for 5% category spending. 

I just finished my Hyatt spend for the sign-up bonus, so I'll probably use my Freedom for the rest of the year at Walmart (which is where I do the majority of my grocery shopping) and Discover for everything else until my first year is up with them (March). 

Message 9 of 27
Poppa
Established Contributor

1.Amex BCP for the 6% groceries, 3% gas & department stores and 3X CLI's.

Free EX Fico 08 score and they run nice promotions sometimes as well.

2. Citi DC for 2% everything. Free EQ Fico 09 bankcard score.

3. Chase freedom for 5% categories.

4. Walmart store card for 0% financing for 6 & 12 months and free TU fico score. 

Had a Discover it card and it was very useful. Mine wouldn't grow though so I closed it. Probably open another in the future.

May get an NRA Visa one day for the 5% gas and sporting good stores.

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.