Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best CITI card?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Best CITI card?

Which is the most popular CITI card to get?

I assume the Forward as a basic starter. What about their high end cards?  Lets say AF less that $100.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best CITI card?

I have the Forward, Dividend, and Hilton HHonors card with them, and I think the Dividend is my favorite.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 26
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

There Divdend cash reward so a good card no annual fee the last I checked.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 3 of 26
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

I have the forward, plat select and thank you rewards. Love both forward and thank you for the rewards.
Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 4 of 26
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

I have both the Divdend and the Foward, I'd say I like the forward better because of the 5 points per dollar on restaurants, I used to take huge advantage of this. Now I currently have a dispute going on with them with one of my online purchases I made on my Citi Dividend so I have not even bothered using my citi cards. Just be careful with online purchases when it comes to using your citi cards, they are very unhelpful with disputes. Other than that, great card, decent customer service.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 5 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

I keep getting mail from CITI about hte Tnak You preferred and the Diamond Preferred.

Message 6 of 26
Open123
Super Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Which is the most popular CITI card to get?

I assume the Forward as a basic starter. What about their high end cards?  Lets say AF less that $100.

In my view, the Forward is their best card.    

5X points on dining and bookstore is pretty generous even if the Thank You program isn't very good compared to MR and Chase's UR.  Converting to gift cards or to pay student loans, this represents incredible value at around 3 - 5% return on spending in the all important restaurant category.

The Premier card is good only if you receive the 50k bonus and plan to cancel it before the annual fee hits.  For a lesser fee, the CSP is superior to this card in every way, except for the receiving a point for physical miles travelled on a flight.  If you fly tons of miles, then this card is great since you receive a point per mile travelled along with the purchase and other bonuses.

With cash cards, again Citi is second rate, in my view.  Both Discover, Chase, Pen Fed, and Amex all offer a better product than Citi.

Message 7 of 26
bribro
Valued Contributor

I like my Citi Dividend card for no AF, ability to get the MC World Elite level (also no AF), and the 5% rotating categories. The Forward card seems like a good one as well, but I want to keep all my points in the Chase UR program.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 8 of 26
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

My wife has the Diamond Preferred and we did a balance transfer to it. 21 months, 0% but we did have to pay a 3% fee on the BT.

Almost done paying it off - they got the BT fee but no interest!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 9 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

My wife has the Diamond Preferred and we did a balance transfer to it. 21 months, 0% but we did have to pay a 3% fee on the BT.

Almost done paying it off - they got the BT fee but no interest!

That's the offer im getting and I have about $5K I want to transfer from high APR cards.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.