Did you mean: 

Best CU credit card APRs?

tag
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best CU credit card APRs?

@Anonymous wrote:

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

Lake Michigan Creidt Union has a pretty nice 6.25% rate card. But my lowest rate card is my Surpass at 11.40%

Off topic: Ive also been really itching to join LMCU to take advantage of their 3% APY checking, only thing stopping me is they want a HP on my TU report Smiley Sad

Dang, 6.25%! Do you know if this card has rewards of any type?

Edit: thanks for your response!

Just a barebones credit card. Prime rate + 3%, no BT fees.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

Lake Michigan Creidt Union has a pretty nice 6.25% rate card. But my lowest rate card is my Surpass at 11.40%

Off topic: Ive also been really itching to join LMCU to take advantage of their 3% APY checking, only thing stopping me is they want a HP on my TU report Smiley Sad

If you're gardening, Opening a CU bank account/checking doesn't reset garden date. No need to fear that HP.

Right, but you wont find 3% checking anywhere else. Best ive found after a ton of research was 2.0x% out of my service area, after that its the  .90 - 1.05% rates.

Right...so don't let a little HP keep you from earning 3%.

Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nixon - might I also ask you what score/credit grade you had when you received that rate from NFCU? Thanks Smiley Happy 

Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ was about the same it is now. TU was 714. Yes, it was a double pull. Smiley Tongue
Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
EQ was about the same it is now. TU was 714. Yes, it was a double pull. Smiley Tongue

Ugh! A double pull! Is it always a double pull or are you special? Smiley Happy 

It just hit me that I could probably search for this topic - but to go with tonight's theme of no searching, I will leave it for now unless you tell me to shove off and search! 

Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suspect they couldn't approve for decent CL with just my EQ report, so they went for my TU as well and based my approval off that. ($10,000 SL)
Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I suspect they couldn't approve for decent CL with just my EQ report, so they went for my TU as well and based my approval off that. ($10,000 SL)

Dammit to freaking heck - 10k??!? UGH. The CU let me "pick my own limit" and not wanting to be greedy I said 2,500. UGH!! Wonder what I could have said......... It's a bad thing if they don't counter. Darn!!! 

Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

They'll counter.
Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

They flat out told me they would counter and I still only said $2500!!! I should have said $10k!! Damn it! 

Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it makes you feel better. They won't approve a SP CLI due to "Sufficient universal revolving credit"
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.