Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Capital One CC without AF?

tag
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Best Capital One CC without AF?

No this isn't a joke ;-) I am looking to apply for another, yes ANOTHER Cap1 CC. I have the No Hassle one with a $500 CL opened in Oct 11' and I would like to open another with them but one with no AF. Any suggestions are welcome! Also I need to be able to add my wife or provide an additional card for her. Thanks myFICO family!

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

Re: Best Capital One CC without AF?

Jeez, dude, with an 800 score, why on earth would you want to deal with "Peggy" and the great folks at Cap 1? There is so much that's better out there.

Anyway since you are serious, they have that new all dark green Rewards card, 1.5% cashback for a year (1% normally with a 50% bonus after a year each year). It has no annual fee, and they have the "Venture" card which is the same, and in fact even their Platinum Mastercard has no annual fee. I'm sure you could get any of them. If not, I really wouldn't sweat it, I just have no idea why you'd want them.

You can add your wife as an AU, I was asked if I wanted to do that when I got mine.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 2 of 19
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

By the way, conventional wisdom on here says if you do the "pre-approval" they have and nothing is mentioned, to not apply, but I didn't have anything they had pre-approved, just things I "might like" and I app'd and was instantly approved. Just an FYi, you shouldn't have a problem, however be aware if you aren't already that they may hard pull all 3 CRAs. With your score they also may not, but you should be aware of that.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 3 of 19
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

Jeez, dude, with an 800 score, why on earth would you want to deal with "Peggy" and the great folks at Cap 1? There is so much that's better out there.

Anyway since you are serious, they have that new all dark green Rewards card, 1.5% cashback for a year (1% normally with a 50% bonus after a year each year). It has no annual fee, and they have the "Venture" card which is the same, and in fact even their Platinum Mastercard has no annual fee. I'm sure you could get any of them. If not, I really wouldn't sweat it, I just have no idea why you'd want them.

You can add your wife as an AU, I was asked if I wanted to do that when I got mine.

Haha I haven't gotten around to fixing that yet, it's on my todo list. I'm at EQ 630 EX 644 TU 660, I enjoy Cap1 from a distance and plan on axing my one with an AF from the, but I don't want to ding my AAoA when I do.

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 4 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@Mickey11 wrote:

Haha I haven't gotten around to fixing that yet, it's on my todo list. I'm at EQ 630 EX 644 TU 660, I enjoy Cap1 from a distance and plan on axing my one with an AF from the, but I don't want to ding my AAoA when I do.

You could probably look at a Barclays card with your TU score.

Message 5 of 19
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Your AAoA is still young if your oldest TL is from Oct. 2011, so I don't see it hurting much to add another card. If you add now, when the one you closed falls off after 10 years, you should still be in good shape. Good luck.
Message 6 of 19
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

I'm not sure about them, there's nothing they really offer that interests me except the Apple financing and I'm not ready to buy anything Apple ATM.

Message 7 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

The only thing is that CAP One is known to HP all 3 for an app.

Message 8 of 19
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Mickey11 wrote:
No this isn't a joke ;-) I am looking to apply for another, yes ANOTHER Cap1 CC. I have the No Hassle one with a $500 CL opened in Oct 11' and I would like to open another with them but one with no AF. Any suggestions are welcome! Also I need to be able to add my wife or provide an additional card for her. Thanks myFICO family!

Any Cap 1 that is average credit should work for you. For prime (excellent credit) one, those have tougher requirement.

Message 9 of 19
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

The only thing is that CAP One is known to HP all 3 for an app.

Yeah that's the thing I hate to think about. I wonder if calling in would change that....

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.