Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Capital One CC without AF?

tag
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Capital One CC without AF?

The Capital One Cash Rewards (Green Card with 50% cash back). Not sure if it has no AF, but the 50% cash back is nice.

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734
Goal Score for January 2014: 750-809 range

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@Mickey11 wrote:
Yeah that's the thing I hate to think about. I wonder if calling in would change that....
I think this is decided by their internal system already.

Message 12 of 19
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

Nope, calling in should have nothing to do with that.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 13 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

Just like CLI with Cap One, their internal systems decides it all I have heard this one so many times from their CSR's

Message 14 of 19
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Venture or Cash card.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 15 of 19
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

@MissExcellentCredit wrote:

The Capital One Cash Rewards (Green Card with 50% cash back). Not sure if it has no AF, but the 50% cash back is nice.

It effectively gives the card 1.5% in a year's time. (They give you that bonus at the end of each year).

It does have no AF, which is true of their "prime" cards.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 16 of 19
Gollum
Established Contributor

@Mickey11 wrote:

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

Jeez, dude, with an 800 score, why on earth would you want to deal with "Peggy" and the great folks at Cap 1? There is so much that's better out there.

Anyway since you are serious, they have that new all dark green Rewards card, 1.5% cashback for a year (1% normally with a 50% bonus after a year each year). It has no annual fee, and they have the "Venture" card which is the same, and in fact even their Platinum Mastercard has no annual fee. I'm sure you could get any of them. If not, I really wouldn't sweat it, I just have no idea why you'd want them.

You can add your wife as an AU, I was asked if I wanted to do that when I got mine.

Haha I haven't gotten around to fixing that yet, it's on my todo list. I'm at EQ 630 EX 644 TU 660, I enjoy Cap1 from a distance and plan on axing my one with an AF from the, but I don't want to ding my AAoA when I do.

Do everyone else a favor: correct your signature.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian March 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 850 Equifax March 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 17 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Mickey11 wrote:
No this isn't a joke ;-) I am looking to apply for another, yes ANOTHER Cap1 CC. I have the No Hassle one with a $500 CL opened in Oct 11' and I would like to open another with them but one with no AF. Any suggestions are welcome! Also I need to be able to add my wife or provide an additional card for her. Thanks myFICO family!

Have you tried the Venture or Green Cash rewards?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Gollum wrote:

@Mickey11 wrote:

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

Jeez, dude, with an 800 score, why on earth would you want to deal with "Peggy" and the great folks at Cap 1? There is so much that's better out there.

Anyway since you are serious, they have that new all dark green Rewards card, 1.5% cashback for a year (1% normally with a 50% bonus after a year each year). It has no annual fee, and they have the "Venture" card which is the same, and in fact even their Platinum Mastercard has no annual fee. I'm sure you could get any of them. If not, I really wouldn't sweat it, I just have no idea why you'd want them.

You can add your wife as an AU, I was asked if I wanted to do that when I got mine.

Haha I haven't gotten around to fixing that yet, it's on my todo list. I'm at EQ 630 EX 644 TU 660, I enjoy Cap1 from a distance and plan on axing my one with an AF from the, but I don't want to ding my AAoA when I do.

Do everyone else a favor: correct your signature.

+1

Don't app for Venture or Green cash rewardswith those scores!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.