cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Capital One card to PC

tag
candyman925

Best Capital One card to PC

Ok so I just got a bofa card and had to take a second hard hit to raise my limit to 3500 dollars. (I needed the increase). So I should have 6 inquiries on my TransUnion. 

I have perfect history but my utilization is high on my eq and ex due to a credit card I got in school and have a high balance. I am working on getting it down. I was denied the venture one card a few weeks ago and so I would like to get a capital one card as a backup card. Which card would be best if I want to try to do a PC in the next year or 2? 

I have a local bank card 3800/5000

I have a bofa card 200/3500 <-- I plan to pay off this week before it hits the report. 

I have a store card with 200/3100 I plan to pay off this week as well. 

Capital one told me I was a shoe in for a quicksilver one when they pulled last time but I would need another hp. I didn't take it at the time. I don't want any fees on the card. Also if I get say the basic credit card or the jouney card and I do a PC in the future(even if 5 years it takes) will it keep the length of the account or will it start from 0. I don't want to kill my AAoA when I do it. Thanks guys. I know I would be a shoe in for the journey card I just don't know how well Capital One PCs them. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
candyman925

Re: Best Capital One card to PC

My FAKO's are below. 

Credit KArma gives me a 695.

Credit Sesame gives me a 730.

Quizzle gave me a 680 a while ago. Havent been on in a few weeks but the other two increased since then (the addition of the bofa card).

Thanks all. Also I will probably have 7 inquires since I will be trying to rais the limit on my local bank credit card so I will take a hit there. 

Message 2 of 3
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Capital One card to PC

There's not really any particular card they offer that would have better odds of being approved for a product change; just use their card, pay it off, and don't miss any payments.

And if you do a product change you will receive a new card with new rewards/conditions and they will transfer your account history over so you don't start with a new 0 years aged card.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.