Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Card for Flyer/ Miles that Count BT

tag
Artzdelux
New Contributor

Best Card for Flyer/ Miles that Count BT

Hello all,

I am trying to save for a flight for my wife and I's 5 year anniversary. 

I am looking for a credit card that would count balance transfers towards free flights/ miles.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Re: Best Card for Flyer/ Miles that Count BT

I don't think there are any
CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

SWA card counts BT as miles for the first 60 days or so....However they charge 3% so not worth it
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Head on over to FlyerTalk and look for the credit card forum. Not sure about balance transfers but within the frequent flyer community, its widely acknowledged that the SPG Amex is probably the best for earning miles, given that for every 20K points earned, you'll earn a 5K point bonus and those points convert on a 1:1 basis to most frequent flyer programs. The only downside to the card is that if you travel overseas, there are foreign transaction fees. I used my SPG for local spend and my UA Mileage Plus Visa for foreign spend (no fees).

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If such a card existed, i would be on a beach in Bora Bora rather than freezing my ass off in the US of A right now. I could just BT 10k back and forth and earn unlimited free miles
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If such a card existed, i would be on a beach in Bora Bora rather than freezing my ass off in the US of A right now. I could just BT 10k back and forth and earn unlimited free miles

Only if No charge for BT..

Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Artzdelux wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Only "don't count on earning rewards on BT's".

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.