Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Card for this Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Card for this Credit

Could you tell me what would be the best card with the highest possible limit for our credit that is listed below

Me
BK                Aug 2000
Judgement   Sept 2002 (Equifax only) others deleted 
Presideo       Charge off 1115.00 (disputed 2 times and just sent DV 10/19/2007)
Alltel              Not mine disputed and DV on 10/19/2007 (they said they bought an account from 
                     Midwest wireless that was paid and deleted before they purchased it.
Medical bills  Collection acconts (2) disputed as 1 never got a bill and the other have a letter my
                      ballance is -0-
Ameicredit     Charge off as of Feb 05 but should be listed as Oct of 2004
Coll Bureau   Collection  was paid and have a delete letter not sure why they wont delete 
                                 (Just removed from TransUnion 25 Oct 2007).
FCNB (2X's)  Charge off same account listed twice and due to fall off in June of 2008
                                (Both Just removed from TransUnion 25 Oct 2007)

Good stuff:
Imagine        300.00 limit never late
Continental  400.00 limit never late
Reginal        Auto             never late
Ford Motor   Closed        Unrated
State Bank   Closed        Paid Never late
FCNB           Closed       Paid / Paying as agreed

Hubby:
Americredit   Charge off as of Feb 05 same as above
WAMU           Charge off (bought out Providian account)
LVNV funding Collection (on Above account) Sent DV letter on 10/19/2007

Good Stuff:
Imagine          400.00 limit never late
Lowes            725.00 limit never late
Reginal           Auto            never late
Ford Motor     Closed        unrated
State Bank     Closed        never late
FCNB             Closed        Paid / Paying as agreed

Sorry this is so long. but can anyone help us to build up and get higher limit cards. I can tell you what our scores were about a month ago but not lately cant afford to pay for all 6 right now.

His   TU 689  EXP 649 EQ 600(now)
Mine TU 679  EXP 638 EQ 599(now)

got our EQ from our banker that is who they pull but he could not help us right now due to credit issues he said.

Oh yea and our Inq are around 25 or so each and I have sent letters of dispute to the CB because we can only identify 6 of them

thanks,
Debbie sad smiley
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Card for this Credit

With those scores I'd say WaMu would give you the best limit IMHO and usually only pull EX.  The consensus seems to be that they are BK friendly.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I think smartcookie meant WAMU will pull TU and not EX.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in NY and WAMU pulled EX for me.
Message 4 of 13
jackg
Established Contributor

Hi nikkoslilmouse,

No one here can tell you "what would be the best card with the highest possible limit" based on the info you supplied because you don't have the "facts" available to you. Please don't be offended, I'm really trying to help you.

You really need to back and start at the beginning of the process. Get a current copy of your credit reports from each CRA (EQ TU EX). Go online to myfico .com and order your scores and CR's from them. If you use the discount code MW01 at myfico you'll get a 20% discount and it'll cost $38. Now that you have the current facts in front of you, your job is to analyze the info on the CR's and determine what is hurting your FICO score and if it's factual or not. If not, you begin to dispute the info.

Please, the best thing you can do is go to the newbie section and read, read, and read more. Credit Scoring is a game and if you know the rules you can achieve your goals.

People on this forum are very willing to help you but they want to know that you have invested some time and effort trying to know what's going on. If you post a message her asking for someone else to do the work you probably won't get much help. But, to be fair to you, some one should tell you this. I really hope that you are able to improve your position, after all we've all been there.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 5 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

ChaoticKinesis wrote:
I'm in NY and WAMU pulled EX for me.

You are definitely one of the few.
Message 6 of 13
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

fused wrote:
I think smartcookie meant WAMU will pull TU and not EX.

I know they typically were pulling TU but a lot of people are having EX pulls as of late.  DH included, also in NY.  But I stressed the usually as I've read some people have even had EQ pulls too.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU pulled EX when the DW applied.
Message 8 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Timothy wrote:
WAMU pulled EX when the DW applied.

I was at another forum and many in fact are reporting WAMU pulling EX. Something is changing. In Hawaii EQ was almost always pulled by local banks and mainland banks, CCCs and lenders but this is changing too. I am hearing that EX is being pulled more and more here...I wonder why.Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 13
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

fused wrote:

I was at another forum and many in fact are reporting WAMU pulling EX. Something is changing. In Hawaii EQ was almost always pulled by local banks and mainland banks, CCCs and lenders but this is changing too. I am hearing that EX is being pulled more and more here...I wonder why.Smiley Happy

I think we are going to see EX being pulled for the majority of solo INQs across the board.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.