Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Card???

tag
koky
Frequent Contributor

Best Card???

Quick Question... I have a FICO score of EQ 609 & TU 624 With a score like this what is the best Unsecured Card for me???
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Blurbz
Contributor

Re: Best Card???

What does your credit report look like? What is reporting now? Baddies? My first guess is a store card...I don't think you're quite ready for a prime card unless you qualify for student cards.
Message 2 of 16
koky
Frequent Contributor

One Paid Charged off.. 180 days 9months ago... Apart from that I am in the clear....
Message 3 of 16
Blurbz
Contributor

Yeah, that's pretty recent. I'd probably look for a store card at a place you shop at fairly regularly. Just PIF for 6 months and see where your score is. That charge off is going to hurt for a long time.
Message 4 of 16
koky
Frequent Contributor

I know... Trying to GW but not working... Cap one is a tough Nut to crack...
Message 5 of 16
Blurbz
Contributor

Yeah, I'm in the same boat with Chase. It sucks. I would also call local CUs and see if they might be willing to work with you. That was one of my first post charge off cards and they were/are great to work with.
Message 6 of 16
mistasteve

What is the best cards to use for someone like me trying to rebuild their credit?

Message 7 of 16
koky
Frequent Contributor

I just got a TD bank secured card it starts reporting next week hopefully i get some score increase... Don't know if I need one more...
Message 8 of 16
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Look into a secured card.  Various CU's, Wells Fargo, BOA, among others offer them.

Message 9 of 16
koky
Frequent Contributor

Will sure Do...
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.