Frequent Contributor

Best Card???

Quick Question... I have a FICO score of EQ 609 & TU 624 With a score like this what is the best Unsecured Card for me???
New Contributor

Re: Best Card???

What does your credit report look like? What is reporting now? Baddies? My first guess is a store card...I don't think you're quite ready for a prime card unless you qualify for student cards.
Frequent Contributor

One Paid Charged off.. 180 days 9months ago... Apart from that I am in the clear....
New Contributor

Yeah, that's pretty recent. I'd probably look for a store card at a place you shop at fairly regularly. Just PIF for 6 months and see where your score is. That charge off is going to hurt for a long time.
Frequent Contributor

I know... Trying to GW but not working... Cap one is a tough Nut to crack...
New Contributor

Yeah, I'm in the same boat with Chase. It sucks. I would also call local CUs and see if they might be willing to work with you. That was one of my first post charge off cards and they were/are great to work with.

What is the best cards to use for someone like me trying to rebuild their credit?

Frequent Contributor

I just got a TD bank secured card it starts reporting next week hopefully i get some score increase... Don't know if I need one more...
Valued Contributor

Look into a secured card.  Various CU's, Wells Fargo, BOA, among others offer them.

Frequent Contributor

Will sure Do...

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.