Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Cash Back Card for Gas Purchase

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Best Cash Back Card for Gas Purchase

Please drop the useless td bank from your list. If it only last 6 months. It's useless. 

Message 21 of 32
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you think is the best cash back credit card for gas purchases from OCT - DEC???

I don't use a rotater for gas.  I use the PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards card.  It's 5% no limit with qualifying product (I have a money market savings account).  Rewards are automatically issued as statement credits at the end of each cycle.

@Ghoshida wrote:

I know that people should research on the search option, and I also know that people don't do it.

Yeah, people don't read stickies either.  The charts can be handy but that sort of comparison is what each individual should be doing any time one is considering cards.  Instead of relying on a chart one should be considering one's specific spend, major categories, etc.  A chart can't cover every possible permuation of variables.

Message 22 of 32
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

TMWC, you must ask a mod to put these charts on the sticky at the header of the forum. 

Best gas card, best grocery card, best general cashback card. Make a general (arguably controversial) heading called best credit card for: and sub-threads / thread with these fantastic charts.

Others (or you yourself) could then contribute on getting the best card(s): scores required, profiles needed, link to recon number etc. 

I know that people should research on the search option, and I also know that people don't do it Smiley Happy

FICO already has stickies at the top of every page, advertizing their 'best cards'. They probably get advertizing money for their choice of best cards, which aren't anywhere near what my charts mathematically imply are best for each spending pattern.

Putting my charts on permanent display might cause friction once they realized the conflict of interest

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 23 of 32
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I use AARP for 3% since I can't seem to get approved for any of the year round 5% gas cards.

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

No one's mentioned CreditOne Platinum with 1% gas rewards and no grace period.!

Message 25 of 32
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm pretty sure you just mentioned it.

Total $443,800
Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Indeed, If you have no other choice. Then it effectively is the best cashback card for gas.

Message 27 of 32
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Indeed, If you have no other choice. Then it effectively is the best cashback card for gas.

"It makes plenty of sense if you don't think about it" - Pepcid Complete commercial: The Burns Family BBQ

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7bJA/pepcid-complete-the-burns-family-bbq-featuring-richard-riehle

Total $443,800
Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Blue Cash Preferred 3% gas  $75 annual fee.

Bank America Cash Rewards 3% gas NO ANNUAL FEE 

Sam's Club MasterCard 5% gas NO ANNUAL FEE w/3% restaurant   Smiley Wink

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/pagedetails/content.jsp?pageName=creditMarketing&pid=PS_22785749

AARP Credit Card 3% gas NO ANNUAL FEE w/3% restaurant 

http://www.aarpcreditcard.com/Default

Message 29 of 32
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Sams Club card requires Sams Club membership, so effectively there is an annual fee for that.

Total $443,800
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.