Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Chase Card for CL Reallocation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Chase Card for CL Reallocation

Which Chase card would be best to apply for with the intentions of reallocating the line to my Freedom and closing the account.  Would a co-branded card be best?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Chase Card for CL Reallocation

Slate. Be careful though. Chases new rules on "in house" cards means you need to think twice before wasting a Freedom/CSP/Slate app
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Which Chase card would be best to apply for with the intentions of reallocating the line to my Freedom and closing the account.  Would a co-branded card be best?

Yes, co-branded cards will be the best to do that with. Chase has tighten the rules a bit so get the card, move some limits and don't close it immediately.  

Message 3 of 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would you get a card you don't want just for this? Any co-branded card is best because it won't necessarily be part of the "5 accounts in 2 years" thing, but seriously, opening a new account to move the limit and then close it is not going to make you look good. I understand that's the way to get a "CLI" with them, but doing it right after opening a new account is going to raise flags.

If you are willing to open the new account and at least wait 6 months or so, it may not look as bad, but then again, in that amount of time, with showing a good history on your Freedom you may be able to just get a HP CLI on it anyway (without the AAOA ding of a new account that you don't even really want).

Everyone's different obviously but really 4500 should be enough for a Freedom. The rewards are capped anyway, and spending for the 1% is worthless when you have better cards as you do (like Double Cash). No reason to spend more than the 5% caps on Freedom, and that's if you are maxing them out which is unlikely every time.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.