Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Citi DC Pre-selection Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Citi DC Pre-selection Offer

I've been looking to get a Citi Double Cash Card for a while but haven't applied for one yet.  Low and behold a pre-selection offer comes in the mail.  0% Intro for 18 Months followed by 16.24%.  Is this their top credit tier offer starting out?  I heard I can ask for APR reductions after the 18 months is over.  Just trying to get a feel for how badly they want me, and if I can get anything else from the deal.  Any ideas on typical initial balance?  I believe they pull Equifax, my Transunion and Equifax are pulling same score on FACO, and my Transunion from Discover is 769.  So thats probably where I'm at.

I'd like to get an initial credit limit of 6k or higher, my highest card at the moment is my Discover at just over 9k.  Should I just pull the trigger and see what happen?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Re: Best Citi DC Pre-selection Offer

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been looking to get a Citi Double Cash Card for a while but haven't applied for one yet.  Low and behold a pre-selection offer comes in the mail.  0% Intro for 18 Months followed by 16.24%.  Is this their top credit tier offer starting out?  I heard I can ask for APR reductions after the 18 months is over.  Just trying to get a feel for how badly they want me, and if I can get anything else from the deal.  Any ideas on typical initial balance?  I believe they pull Equifax, my Transunion and Equifax are pulling same score on FACO, and my Transunion from Discover is 769.  So thats probably where I'm at.

I'd like to get an initial credit limit of 6k or higher, my highest card at the moment is my Discover at just over 9k.  Should I just pull the trigger and see what happen?

No, 16.24% is not the top tier interest rate for this card. The offer I received last year was 0% for 18 months and then 12.99% afterwards. The best rate is now 13.24% after the Feds raised interest rates. I've never needed to ask Citi for interest rate reductions, but I know of many who have had success.

There are a number of posters who love to harp on this card's starting limit (some don't even have the card and only repeat what they may have heard), yet they will give a pass to many other cards with similar or even worse average starting limits. If your credit warrants a large limit, it is very possible to get one on the Citi Double Cash as well. I received $6000 on my DC but it was also my sixth Citi card at the time and put me at my maximum internal credit limit with Citibank. I definitely believe I could've received more if circumstances were different in my case. 

Personally, I wouldn't accept 16.24%; however, any interest rate after the 0% period is too high for this card if you carry a balance and are trying to realize the 2% cash back. If you don't need the card now, the offers will only get better.

Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In my case they pulled EX. They usually give low starting limits. They started me at 2600 14 months ago, and haven't given me a single CLI, or given me a soft pull CLI request opportunity, since then.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input, I didn't think it was the best rate.  The APR doesn't concern me too much, my perogative is to not pay interest and aside from $600 remaining on 0% interest Chase Slate which I'll pay well before the remaining 12 months are up, I pay in full.  I just wanted to judge the given APR as a "credit worthiness" indicator from Citi. After reading approvals for 9 or 15 months at 17-21% interest, I thought I might be getting closer to the better/best offers territory.

I still have 2 months to decide if I want to get the Citi DC based off the code.  I'm also thinking about getting a different Chase Card such as Freedom, and merging the Slate Balance with it, to get a higher CL card.  Obviously would pay off Slate a month prior to that.

My total credit exposure is well under half my income.

Main Cards currently are:

Discover 9,250

Chase Slate 4,000 (Never asked for increase, didn't feel like hard pull)  Used it for balance transfer

Mastercard 5,800 (Rewards Card through Bank), recieved one automatic increase from them.  Haven't inquired about a CLI, avoiding hard pulls.

Another 6K in store cards and such, either use or would consider using if purchase warranted.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.