Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Credit Card with Good limit

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Best Credit Card with Good limit

Question for you all...  I have a few credit cards 2 Capital One's Quick Silver Cards one being the Visa and one being the MC version.  3500/2000 credit lines respectively.  My scores across all three bureaus are around the 700-710 range.  Income is 100k.  I am still cleaning up some of my credit stuff by sueing various creditors by my nice little lawyers and hope to have the last of the marks removed off my file this month.  I am looking for a credit card with a generious limit of 5k+, preferreably 10k+.. Any sugestions once I apply for a few who to go with that would give that kinda limit based on my other limits.  I also have a car loan of 45k and a fairly thick credit file.  I would love NCFU, but can't go that route.  Thanks for the advice!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Best Credit Card with Good limit

A lot of banks may want to just match your highest card, You coulkd try American express and if they dmathe the 3500 than at 61 days try for the 3x

Or you could Try and Airline card if you fly a lot, Chase gave me my Highest CL of 12k or so with the Southwest card

Message 2 of 14
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

You won't get approved for anything above $5k. You need to clear the record and up the CLs. 

Message 3 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

My credit record will be completly clean before I apply just fighting the last few creditors with law suits and they will fold.  Don't plan on doing this until the last few marks are removed.  I have no desire to get 3k credit lines unless the Amex trick 2x or 3x works then that would be great.  Never burned places like Amex or Discover etc..  Just medical and cable stuff that was on that most are off and the others will be off very soon.  Thanks for the advise so far.  I just don't want alot of 2-4k cc, especially with my income and i carry about 5% utilization on my CC's and other then that just a student loan and car payment.  Think I should be able to get above 3.5k.  Maybe us bank since I am with them alread for checking for the last several years or a fidelelity amex since I have alot of money with them in my 401k?

If it isn't possible to get to 5k or above I would be surpsied, but I am not an expert by any means.  Just seems like alot of ppl have very generious limits on this forums with alot lower incomes and after Bk's etc., which baffles me.

Us Bank did invite me to apply for the Us Bank Perks + Visa Signature card, but not going to waste a HP unless I know I can get above 5k.

Message 4 of 14
asulaw
Established Member

Have you checked out any of the pre-approval sites? Maybe something is sitting in there. Something like a Signature, Discover or Amex would give a limit like that right away. But provided the situation it may be shaky. Definitely possible though, just make sure you try to get as much of the situation cleared up first  before going out and applying.

Wells Fargo Student - $2,300 / Discover It - $2,000 / Chase Slate - $1,500 / Marriott Premier Rewards - $5,000 / Citi ThankYou Preferred - $2,000 / AMEX TrueEarnings - $1,200 / Target RedCard - $300

Total CL: $14,300
Util: 28%
Message 5 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

My credit record will be completly clean before I apply just fighting the last few creditors with law suits and they will fold.  Don't plan on doing this until the last few marks are removed.  I have no desire to get 3k credit lines unless the Amex trick 2x or 3x works then that would be great.  Never burned places like Amex or Discover etc..  Just medical and cable stuff that was on that most are off and the others will be off very soon.  Thanks for the advise so far.  I just don't want alot of 2-4k cc, especially with my income and i carry about 5% utilization on my CC's and other then that just a student loan and car payment.  Think I should be able to get above 3.5k.  Maybe us bank since I am with them alread for checking for the last several years or a fidelelity amex since I have alot of money with them in my 401k?

If it isn't possible to get to 5k or above I would be surpsied, but I am not an expert by any means.  Just seems like alot of ppl have very generious limits on this forums with alot lower incomes and after Bk's etc., which baffles me.

Us Bank did invite me to apply for the Us Bank Perks + Visa Signature card, but not going to waste a HP unless I know I can get above 5k.

Fidelity Amex is with FIA and they couldn't care any less what you have in your 401k, just FYI.

Some of the people here have generous limits, because they've been at it a while and are constantly asking for CLIs via SP and not expecting to have those generous lines just given to them when they are starting the new TL out. Smiley Wink

It would be a good idea to start at the bank that you bank with, I agree. Visa Signature is usually above 5k, so there ya go.

Message 6 of 14
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Apply with Amex once it's all clear. You will get atleast 2,500-7,500 off the bat. 61 days later, SP on website for 3x CLI.

It really is a beautiful thing. Depending on your initial limit, in 2 months time you could be looking at a nice 5 figure card.

☮ & ❤
Message 7 of 14
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Well a Visa Signature is a minimum $5k. So if you're approved it's for at least $5k. If you're pre-qualified for that Visa Signature card I bet your starting limit would be between $7-$9k.

Message 8 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

It just pops up when I log onto Us Banks website inviting me to apply for that card vs. if I click on another card just a normal app vs. invitation already having my info, etc...  I really haven't heard any reviews or can really find any on the Us Bank Perks + Visa.  Assume it is a new card and not many people have it?  Maybe I can get ahold of a credit analyst and ask him to pull up my info via SP first and get his impression, don't know if that is a option have an confirmation code / invitation code etc.   Could just be a ploy as well being marketing to get me to try to apply and bam a decline or a low limit.   Anyways, thanks for all the answers so far!

Message 9 of 14
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/get-your-recommended-card-offers.html

Go here and fill in your info. Hit submit, on the screen look to see if it says "You're Pre-Qualified!" and not "Recommended for You." Only in rare cases has a Visa Sig spit out a starting credit line of less than $5k. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.