Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Credit Card

The USAA cards are good, but just don't match the rewards of the Blue Cash. I have USAA and Blue Cash and I primarily use Blue Cash.
Message 11 of 20
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Check it out hauling. Anyone can join Penfed. John is right. National Military Association.
Message 12 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Got the page up now. Thanks, everyone!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 20
John060675
Valued Contributor

Ah yes, the "Dry Counties".  I grew up next to one in North Carolina.  We had people drive 20 minutes to go to a bar, and then drive home.  Also, we had drive-thru alcohol stores.  You did not even have to get out of your car.  You just drive up to the store and tell them what you want and then they bring it to your car.

Nothing says "Please drink and drive" like a dry county.

Sorry, off subject and definitely my own opinon.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It's always so handy when you don't have to pretend to be able to walk any more. Just aim that battered Chevelle through the drive-through. A peculiarly Southern touch.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Okey-dokey, per a post by Noah back in August, they pull EQ exclusively. This seems confirmed by what little is on whogavemecredit.com. Ah, well. Since I am semi- permanently on EQ's fecal chart, I guess I'll leave that one alone for a while. Maybe they will start drifting over to EX like so many others.
Message 16 of 20
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Okey-dokey, per a post by Noah back in August, they pull EQ exclusively. This seems confirmed by what little is on whogavemecredit.com. Ah, well. Since I am semi- permanently on EQ's fecal chart, I guess I'll leave that one alone for a while. Maybe they will start drifting over to EX like so many others.

They are an income driven CU. If your income is fairly decent they will give you a decent line of credit not like Navy Federal but ok. If you want an EX pulling CU try Patelco. And you can qualify for that one as well. Go to the website and request a packet by snail mail and they will send everything you need including a membership form for Cali Association of Older Americans.
Message 17 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@smallfry wrote:
Go to the website and request a packet by snail mail and they will send everything you need including a membership form for Cali Association of Older Americans.

Ouch!! happy birthday to me! I'll check it out--thanks!
Message 18 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
The USAA cards are good, but just don't match the rewards of the Blue Cash. I have USAA and Blue Cash and I primarily use Blue Cash.

Blue Cash is on my list to try for, once I finally get out of re-bucketing FICO score h*ll! Smiley Mad thx
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pen Fed did NOT pull EQ for me... very sadly.  I joined the FCU, but they denied me a CC because they pulled either TU or EX (I forgot which one they said), and I have stuff I'm still struggling to clean up on those CRs.  GRRRR.... if it matters, I'm in GA.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.