Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Credit Cards

congrats on the venture and it's a good bonus. now you have 3 travel cards lol. you should be set. sounds like all categories of spend are covered.
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lessonslearned wrote:

I should have specified...I'm looking for a travel card and to eventually get rid of the COne. It's not a points card and has an AF. Should I close Target and Walmart. I won't use them since I use my cash back cards for everything.

I would prob recommend the CSP as the best travel card out there. I would get one but the wife has one.

I mainly have my amex Gold for large purchase and return protection, never have to worry when buying anyth with it. And it is also a travel card so that serves its purpose as MR pts are valuable and i get 2x dining and airfare.

The Arrival or Arrival+ is decent but its only 1 cpp so i dont really use it anymore.

Hyatt is the best hotel card imo so most of my spend goes on that as i get 2x dining and airfare and its 2 cpp.

Message 12 of 26
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lessonslearned wrote:

I should have specified...I'm looking for a travel card and to eventually get rid of the COne. It's not a points card and has an AF. Should I close Target and Walmart. I won't use them since I use my cash back cards for everything.

I would prob recommend the CSP as the best travel card out there. I would get one but the wife has one.

I mainly have my amex Gold for large purchase and return protection, never have to worry when buying anyth with it. And it is also a travel card so that serves its purpose as MR pts are valuable and i get 2x dining and airfare.

The Arrival or Arrival+ is decent but its only 1 cpp so i dont really use it anymore.

Hyatt is the best hotel card imo so most of my spend goes on that as i get 2x dining and airfare and its 2 cpp.

Why not get the amex PRG over the gold? It's $35 more, but you get a $100 airline fee credit. Seems like a no brainer to me

CSP or the citi thankyou premier are the two best non-premium travel cards out there. Depends which program you want to work with. Ultimate Rewards, or thankyou points. 

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel like the title of this thread alone is enough to summon the spirit of takeshi. Smiley Happy

But at the risk of sounding like I am channeling him, I would say that we need more information on spending patterns to make a proper determination of a card that might be a good fit for you. Have you evaluated your spending? What were the results?

Also, at the risk of sounding like I'm channeling the spirit of KDM, it is also possible that you might actually be set for cards. Is there a particular, major category of spending that you're missing a card for? If so, let us know and we'll help you fill it. If not, your array of cards is already quite strong. Smiley Happy One thing I don't see is a hotel card. Is there a particular hotel chain that you frequent regularly?

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

takeshi74 hasn't said one useful thing since i have been here. bottom line.
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ both yous terrible. Made me waste my kudos.
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

huh
Message 17 of 26
NRB525
Super Contributor

While y'all were trying to count the angels on the pin head, OP went and got a Venture and is happy as can be.

Sometimes the best things are the simplest.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

i dint count anything.
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

While y'all were trying to count the angels on the pin head, OP went and got a Venture and is happy as can be.

Sometimes the best things are the simplest.

No angels, no pinheads. I never got the impression from his posts that he was done apping, just that he's happy he got a Venture. If he is, great. If he feels still like he wants another to complement his spending, I suggest he read my post above.

EDIT: Yeah, just as confused as you are, XTERROR. I have no idea what he is talking about.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.