Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Credit Union in Florida?....

tag
Elated
Contributor

Re: Best Credit Union in Florida?....

Hi Chris,

There's also another Martin Federal Credit Union in East Orlando at Alafaya Trail and the Science Drive area near Research Park, near UCF. I'm not sure if they take members who are not affiliated with Lockheed Martin though?Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
cahiatt
Contributor

I would honestly pick any credit union in the country that has the rates and products you like. Most of them are part of the shared branching system where you can walk in and make check deposits or withdrawals as if it were your own credit union. I've found more free ATM's available than you would have with a normal bank like BofA or some other mega fee bank also.

I use Alliant and Penfed even though i live in Georgia. When I closed on my condo in Feb I just walked into a local credit union near the closing attorney and got a certified check directly out of my account for the closing balance. No problems....  Same for when I have a lot of cash I need to deposity. Just pop into almost any credit union and deposit it.

Starting Score: 594 (Dec 10, 2010)
Score: 758 (March, 2013
Goal Score: 730 on all (by end of 2012)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am an employee at GTE Federal Credit Union. In the past, I can definitely say that we instituted some bad fees. In 2012, I am extremely proud to work at GTE because of our renewed focus on our membership!

If you are a looking for a Credit Union - give GTE another look Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 15
Erica1
Regular Contributor

I have heard mixed reviews of GTE but if they have changed the fee schedules as the previous poster stated that would cancel out a lot of the negatives I've heard. I hear really great things about Suncoast Schools (I'm in Tampa). I would assume there is an equivalent educators CU that is comparable for Orange County residents.
2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 14 of 15
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I am an employee at GTE Federal Credit Union. In the past, I can definitely say that we instituted some bad fees. In 2012, I am extremely proud to work at GTE because of our renewed focus on our membership!

If you are a looking for a Credit Union - give GTE another look Smiley Happy

@I agree, take another look at GTE FCU. Their Platinum Visa credit card has same APR for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances @ 6.99% and there is no fee on BT's or cash advances. That alone is worth trying. Their online banking is great too so you can do almost everything from home. I do not work for them and I am not their member yet. Maybe some day. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.