Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Credit Unions out there

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Best Credit Unions out there

and back to the topic

1. DCU but if you want your join hardpull to be used on your credit card or loan application you have to go there in person in Massachusetts

no one's mentioned they also give you a FREE EX FICO04 score if you opt for paperless billing and have a checking or savings account with them =)     (they tell you that you have to have a loan or credit card but just a checking or savings will do)

2. PSECU if you live in PA for free EX Fico score itself is worth it, but they're a very good credit union.

3. PenFED if you can get in, they're very selective of who they let in, but good limits, GREAT rewards programs, and great APR

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 31 of 37
distantarray
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

USAA is a military based bank right? Can I join if my uncle was in the army? My grandfather was also in the army. I notice they have really looow rates!

Unfortunately just having a family member who was in the military isn't enough. They have to be a current or past member of USAA. I believe your uncle or g'father could join USAA as former military and then you could join as a family member.

it can be if your grandfather or grandmother died in WW1 or WW2 Smiley Tongue

there's always ways to get in. I got into NFCU because my biological dad was in the Army and has accounts with them. Sad thing is my parents divorced when I was 2 so I don't even know he looks like, or know his birthsday lol, I got in because I was willing to provide a birth certificate that was provided from a military hospital. =)

Maiden Girl was talking about USAA, which has different requirements than NFCU. My grandfather was in the Marines, but I could only get ltd m'ship w/USAA because he was never a member.

yep for USAA you can get in if you had the loss of a grandparent in the either of the World Wars, so current or past member rule doesn't always apply.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 32 of 37
eviLution
Established Contributor

DCU gives free monthly EQ fico.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 33 of 37
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

DFCU gets my vote.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 34 of 37
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Im in the same predicament!? My grandfather served in the airforce during the korean war with an honorable discharge after 4 years and my wifes grandfather fought in WWII with a medical discharge. Can we get into NFCU or USAA? Thanks in advance

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 35 of 37
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

It says I can join PenFed by making a donation?

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 36 of 37
p-
Valued Contributor

@rightcoast wrote:

It says I can join PenFed by making a donation?

Yup.  

https://netmember3.penfed.org/NetMember/Forms/OpenAccounts/Eligibility.aspx

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.