Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Credit union to get a credit card approval/ most interesting credit union

tag
idonthaveaname
New Contributor

Best Credit union to get a credit card approval/ most interesting credit union

Anyone have any thoughts on this? 

I like the idea of credit unions in general. I think some of them have some great mission statements and they are different than the big banks. Anyone have their favorites? 

Also for approvals what cb did they pull?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

My only and favorite (lol) is DCU. Painless Auto loans at...

My only and favorite (lol) is DCU. Painless Auto loans at 1.99% APR and credit card with 8.99% APR.

Would really like to see everybody else's input here.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Best Credit union to get a credit card approval/ most interesting credit union

PSECU (Pennsylvania State Employees CU) You have to be a resident of PA to join now they closed all the loopholes but they offer excellent credit products.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 17
idonthaveaname
New Contributor

Re: Best Credit union to get a credit card approval/ most interesting credit union

Does dcu do most eq as their pull?

Message 4 of 17
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Im in the process of signing up for DCU. They said since I'm not associated with any of the companies they represent I need to make a 1 time donation of 10 dollars to become a member. I'm in address verification right now. It shouldn't be a problem though cause I am a Mass resident and if I have to I cna just go the branch and deal with them directly. Im starting a new job and plan to direct deposit my pay in my account with them. I am going to deal with credit cards and other stuff with them later after my account is set up.

Message 5 of 17
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

They pulled twice EQ here in FL for membership, Auto loan % CC.

Auto loan took 2 days total Wed-Fri. That is from when we first saw the car at the dealership till we parked it here at home.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 6 of 17
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I like DCU as well and they pulled EQ for me as well.  Initially just opened the account and then got an auto loan around six months later.  Probably get a credit card later this summer.  Need to garden a bit after two auto loans in December and my last collection should fall off in July giving me squeeky clean reports for the first time probably ever.

Message 7 of 17
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

If you can join NavyFed FCU, you will be set for life.

Message 8 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

If you can join NavyFed FCU, you will be set for life.

This is a true statement coming from a jealous non-member (that would be me) Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 17
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

@idonthaveaname wrote:

Anyone have any thoughts on this? 

I like the idea of credit unions in general. I think some of them have some great mission statements and they are different than the big banks. Anyone have their favorites? 

Also for approvals what cb did they pull?

PenFed is one of the best out there. They currently have a 0% auto loan promotion going on and mortgages starting as low as 2.6%. They are known for giving high credit limits if you fit their profile. On the other hand they are conservative. They are very inq/new accounts sensitive. Generally they don't like people who are building a pyramid in Giza. If you don't know what that mean google "PenFed Pyramid".

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.