Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Denial Letter

tag
chadwick
New Contributor

Best Denial Letter

Lookie what I got from Discover today...

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Best Denial Letter

Message 2 of 14
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

how can is it unapproved when it's still under processing?? LOL

Maybe it's one of those let's send them a Letter for denial but keep it under processing so the guy can call in and we'll look good for recon approvals

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 3 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Is it possible you applied twice by mistake.  Seen this before with another issuer.  Basically this could be denying the duplicate app, of which one is still in progress.

Message 4 of 14
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Is it possible you applied twice by mistake.  Seen this before with another issuer.  Basically this could be denying the duplicate app, of which one is still in progress.

+1 

Same thing happened to me with Discover. I thought my first app hadn't gone through so I applied again. I got the same letter as OP for the duplicate. I was approved for the card with the first app they received.

Message 5 of 14
WEShinego
Established Member

This happened to me with NFCU. Applied, was declined, then received my card a week later. Apparently I submitted the application twice.
Message 6 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

+1

A few folks posted something similar not long ago when duplicate apps were detected.  Classic at best! Robot LOL

Message 7 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Irisa wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

+1 

Same thing happened to me with Discover. I thought my first app hadn't gone through so I applied again. I got the same letter as OP for the duplicate. I was approved for the card with the first app they received.

Once you know what happened, you can sort of understand why someone might have thought this was a clear descriptive message of the issue.  But it's useless if you don't!

Message 8 of 14
RushXTC
Established Contributor

They might call you to ask what you wanted the card for, I never got this letter, But they did call me to ask what the purpose was, Which is when I was told I got approved.

Message 9 of 14
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Thats a funny reason for denial, lol. I agree, just call and ask

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.