Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Hotel, Gas and Dining CC

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Hotel, Gas and Dining CC

Just approved for Hilton HonorsTMSurpass® Card from American Express. 100,000 points, Gold Status, $75 AF

I have no idea what my SL is though as it was not stated on in the email. It says I can add the card to my account but not sure how to do that. 

Oh well, one decision down. 

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the card I'm going for too, comes with a lot of nice perks, enjoy!
Message 42 of 45
red259
Super Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

Just approved for Hilton HonorsTMSurpass® Card from American Express. 100,000 points, Gold Status, $75 AF

I have no idea what my SL is though as it was not stated on in the email. It says I can add the card to my account but not sure how to do that. 

Gratz on your new card. The 100k points will get you a night at a top shelf property but if you go lower tier properties you can get a few nights out of it, with bottom tier quite a few. I'd keep an eye out for a good signup on the CSP or CSR to get some airline lounge access, primary rental coverage, solid earning potential and access to chase travel partners. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 43 of 45
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

Congrats Blue Poodle.  

It's nice to see you researched the chain that will work best for your cities.  Too many times I see people take advice that works for other people, but not necessarily their situation.

Message 44 of 45
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Thank you Stakk, Red and SillyKitty.

Good luck Stakk on your card application.

Thank you Red and SillyKitty for all the advise.  I really would not have minded to get the Starwood card but I won't get near as much use on it and I don't want two cards that I need to meet $3k in spend on each for tthe next three months.

I found out I was approved for $2k. A little less than I was hoping for but not too far off. I was hoping for $3 or $4k but that is all I really need on this card. I am sure I will get an auto CLI after a little while since I plan to use this for all my work hotel charges. I went with the Amex version instead of the Citi bank. I felt their benefits were the better of the two.

Thanks again!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.