Did you mean: 

Best Online Tools Visa/MC

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best Online Tools Visa/MC

@irrational wrote:

Thanks all!

I apped for a Citi ThankYou and was immediately denied. I then apped for a Chase Freedom and got a "your application is feint reviwed" message. I figured both cards would be a shoe-in given my score and relationship with each... Heck, Citi backs my HD card, and it's my highest limit!

Oh well. I'll curious why Citi denied. Chase I'm still holding out hope for. I'll call for recon depending on how the "review" turns out.

Citi Retail Service's is a separate division than standard Citi Cards.  Each division has their own underwriting criteria.  You may need to check with Citi for the declined reasons and Chase for the pending information.  2 of them in a row definitely points to something that could be related to your overall profile, unless your CRs are frozen.

Message 11 of 16
irrational
Frequent Contributor

Good to know about Citi, I didn't know that.

yeah, for sure curious as to what's up. My best guess could be INQs or new accounts. My Amex and Discover are from November, and I bought a car in October... So, perhaps that's it.., 

I'm still holding out on Chase though. Even if I have to call for recon, I'm pretty hopefully it'll happen.

Current Score: TU (discover) 720 - 6/29/14 | EQ (score watch) 777 - 7/19/14 - Last App 7/21/14

NPSL          |      $27,600         |      $15,000      |      $7,000      |     $2,800     |      $11,000    |      $13,530      |      $5,200
Message 12 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@irrational wrote:

Good to know about Citi, I didn't know that.

yeah, for sure curious as to what's up. My best guess could be INQs or new accounts. My Amex and Discover are from November, and I bought a car in October... So, perhaps that's it.., 

I'm still holding out on Chase though. Even if I have to call for recon, I'm pretty hopefully it'll happen.

Sometimes, depending on the reasons given, Citi can have some successful results via reconsideration.  Hopefully, Chase can be flexible once you contact them tomorrow, especially if you can speak to/explain the bulk of inquiries being primarily driven as a result of your recent auto financing situation.  Best of luck OP!

Message 13 of 16
irrational
Frequent Contributor

Well, just got my alert Credit Seasme letting me know about the toe new INQs. This is all VERY odd, as my EX FICO (from both my Disocver and Amex acceptance letters) was 768 in November, and my CS FAKO was 722 on the 5th.

My Util is a little high on one card:

Chase: $2634 of $3,500 (old debit I've been paying down - 11 year old account BTW)

HD: $1,174 of $13,530 (lawn mower with 0% special financing) 

Discover: $0 of $2,800

Lowe's: $0 of $1,800

Amex: not yet reporting

overall Util: 18%

not great! but not bad... Was closer to 45% when Amex and Discover accepted me....

according to CS, the only changes to my EX report  is my Discover card reporting, and my CLI on my HD card. No new INQqs since the 5th (other than these two).

i am VERY confused, but will call them both later today to see what spooked them.

Current Score: TU (discover) 720 - 6/29/14 | EQ (score watch) 777 - 7/19/14 - Last App 7/21/14

NPSL          |      $27,600         |      $15,000      |      $7,000      |     $2,800     |      $11,000    |      $13,530      |      $5,200
Message 14 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@irrational wrote:

Well, just got my alert Credit Seasme letting me know about the toe new INQs. This is all VERY odd, as my EX FICO (from both my Disocver and Amex acceptance letters) was 768 in November, and my CS FAKO was 722 on the 5th.

My Util is a little high on one card:

Chase: $2634 of $3,500 (old debit I've been paying down - 11 year old account BTW)

HD: $1,174 of $13,530 (lawn mower with 0% special financing) 

Discover: $0 of $2,800

Lowe's: $0 of $1,800

Amex: not yet reporting

overall Util: 18%

not great! but not bad... Was closer to 45% when Amex and Discover accepted me....

according to CS, the only changes to my EX report  is my Discover card reporting, and my CLI on my HD card. No new INQqs since the 5th (other than these two).

i am VERY confused, but will call them both later today to see what spooked them.

Have you ever used Quizzle? If not you can sign up and check your INQ there. It is off Experian as well.... Good luck! The scores in both cases are Fako and way off from Fico so please disregard and use it for the HP only.

Message 15 of 16
irrational
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the tip on Quizzle... Never used it before, just signed up.

well, I think I see what spooked them. There is a "past due" account from Barclays.... Ive NEVER had an account with Barclays. And, having just fully rebuilt my credit going into 2013, I have a pretty firm idea of all my old debits, where they stand, etc... And this ain't one of them.

just filled out a dispute... I hate this mess.

odd thing about this account, is it says it was opened in 07, charged off in December of this year. But, again having come out of fully rebuild mode since 2010, I can safely say this is this first this has reported on any report.

sigh.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.