Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Online Tools Visa/MC

tag
irrational
Frequent Contributor

Best Online Tools Visa/MC

I currently have an Amex BCP that I use for virtually all my transactions. There are a couple that only accept Visa and MasterCard, but for everything else I prefer to use my Amex for the simple fact of consolidating points, purchase protection, and ease of use of their website and mobile app. In other words, I'm not looking to maximize my points.

I'd like to add a Visa or a MasterCard to my wallet to cover the odd expense that doesn't take Amex, and also as a backup card. My Experian FICO is 768, and I also PIF.

As mention, I value ease of use of their website and mobile offerings over rewards... But, rewards would be a nice bonus :-)

Any recommendations on which CCCs have websites and mobile apps you enjoy? 

Current Score: TU (discover) 720 - 6/29/14 | EQ (score watch) 777 - 7/19/14 - Last App 7/21/14

NPSL          |      $27,600         |      $15,000      |      $7,000      |     $2,800     |      $11,000    |      $13,530      |      $5,200
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best Online Tools Visa/MC

Chase, Discover and Barclays have my vote.  Barclays and Discover mobile apps are both simple and functional.  Barclays Sallie Mae card offers 5% cash back on gas and groceries (up to $250 per month).  

Message 2 of 16
irrational
Frequent Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Chase, Discover and Barclays have my vote.  Barclays and Discover mobile apps are both simple and functional.  Barclays Sallie Mae card offers 5% cash back on gas and groceries (up to $250 per month).  

Discover wouldn't be a Visa or MC ;-) plus, I have a Discover It... I rarely use it, mainly got it for the FICO score.

how does Bareclay's website compare to Chase's, because I've never been too pleased with Chase's.

Current Score: TU (discover) 720 - 6/29/14 | EQ (score watch) 777 - 7/19/14 - Last App 7/21/14

NPSL          |      $27,600         |      $15,000      |      $7,000      |     $2,800     |      $11,000    |      $13,530      |      $5,200
Message 3 of 16
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Barclay's website is very easy to use..they recently redid it and it's much simpler than Chase's (although I like Chase's too).  

Message 4 of 16
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@irrational wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Discover wouldn't be a Visa or MC ;-) plus, I have a Discover It... I rarely use it, mainly got it for the FICO score.

how does Bareclay's website compare to Chase's, because I've never been too pleased with Chase's.

Glad we got that cleared up, those are just my favorites lol.  

Barclays has a spend analyzer like Amex, FICO, easy redemption of awards.  I find the home page is geared towards my specific product where Chase has everything under the sun.

Message 5 of 16
irrational
Frequent Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@irrational wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Glad we got that cleared up, those are just my favorites lol.  

Barclays has a spend analyzer like Amex, FICO, easy redemption of awards.  I find the home page is geared towards my specific product where Chase has everything under the sun.

LOL.

Thanks! I've not dealt with Barclays before. I'll have to check them out for sure.

Since the card *might* get $150/mo usage, I doubt I'd really rack up any rewards... so, mainly looking for something that's laid out well, clearly labels which charges are on which billing cycle (something I feel many CCCs intentionally confuse), and is easy to use for at least a mobile browser (e.g. my iPad).

Message 6 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Fidelity visa version is 1.5 or capital quicksilver is 1.5% are my preference for an every day everything else card

Message 7 of 16
Longroad
Established Contributor

Barclay site is easy to use as is the mobile ap. Just use Sallie Mae card for gas and save 15 cents a gal on $3 gas (5%). Good backup card. 

Message 8 of 16
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I like all the cards I have, except Navy Fed's CCs which cannot set up an autopay with an external checking account. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 16
irrational
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all!

I apped for a Citi ThankYou and was immediately denied. I then apped for a Chase Freedom and got a "your application is feint reviwed" message. I figured both cards would be a shoe-in given my score and relationship with each... Heck, Citi backs my HD card, and it's my highest limit!

Oh well. I'll curious why Citi denied. Chase I'm still holding out hope for. I'll call for recon depending on how the "review" turns out.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.