Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Pre-Paid Card?

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Best Pre-Paid Card?

As far as fees,  is American Express the best?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
brother7
Established Contributor

Re: Best Pre-Paid Card?

I vote for Bluebird by American Express. I have no use for a prepaid card but there are a few minors that I'm teaching good money habits to and Bluebird's Sub-accounts feature is perfect for that.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 2 of 7
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@brother7 wrote:

I vote for Bluebird by American Express. I have no use for a prepaid card but there are a few minors that I'm teaching good money habits to and Bluebird's Sub-accounts feature is perfect for that.

Thanks! This looks like exactly what I need.

Message 3 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, Bluebird is very good in many ways, free bill pay, low fees for many things.  It's also great as part of the manufactured spend process...

Message 4 of 7
weidaxu88
Established Member

I will vote for the Suntrust Delta World check card, get one mile when you spend one dollar in non-pin tansaction.

but the bad thing is the 75 anual fee and a 12 monthly(if your monthly balance is below 3000). I just sign up today and looking foward to get it !

Message 5 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@weidaxu88 wrote:

I will vote for the Suntrust Delta World check card, get one mile when you spend one dollar in non-pin tansaction.

but the bad thing is the 75 anual fee and a 12 monthly(if your monthly balance is below 3000). I just sign up today and looking foward to get it !

Isn't that a debit card rather than prepaid?   Looks like you have to attach it to your Suntrust bank account.  And not sure why you would use a debit rather than credit card...

Message 6 of 7
CardinalRules
New Contributor

Bluebird definitely. Great billpay service and you can fund it up to $5k a month with a CC using prepaid cards or debit cards at Walmart.

AMEX SPG - $8k
Citi AA Visa - $6.5k
Walmart Discover - $5.5k
Citi Forward - $3.9k
Discover More - $2.5k
Wells Fargo Cash Back - $1.9k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.