cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Rewards Cred card for Las Vegas??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Rewards Cred card for Las Vegas??

@merlinflex wrote:

Just wanted to update you, that I called into Amex Travel earlier today and they called the Bellagio and I got the deal. I had to split up my stay into two 4 night stays and get two Trip ID numbers and Amex let the Bellagio know so they can keep me in the same room, so I do in fact end up getting two nights free off my total 8 night night stay there in Vegas plus the $100 credit to used there.  That was actually what they were referring to in the fine print, the $100 property credit limit for back to back stays in 24hr period.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger and staying at the Bellagio and not the Tropicano hotel as there were some co-workers up here in DC this week who had just come back from LV last a few weeks back and they stayed there and yes it was very dated, a 3 star hotel at best they said. Nice but thats about it, nothing else to say about the place, they spent as little time there as possible as there are no placed to eat there and the pool even closes every day at 6pm!?

Thanks for all the help from the MyFico peeps who weighed in, much appreciated!

I hope that before using your AMEX Plat (if in fact you used it for the payment) you added this offer to your card, that will give you $60 back unless you don't have it under amex offers, if you do have it and forgot to add it, you can cancel everything, add the offer and do everything again, i did it  before with a Hilton offer and the AMEX's travel CSR was the one mentioned, they cant add the offer after the purchase but they can cancel the reservation, add the offer and do the reservation again if that is what you want.

It took me 20-30 minutes but saved $75.

Also, if you have the Arrival+ or Discover mile (the ones i have) i would suggest you to buy everything throught your hotel and put all your hotel expenses like food, drinks, shows, even the morning starbucks coffe to your room, in any MGM property you are allow to do it, and then at the end of your stay pay using one of those cards, everything will be redeemable using your miles so if you have enough miles it would cover most of those expences, i did this on my last year vacation and even the valet parking i was able to get it back using my arrival+.

Hope this help Smiley Wink

AMEX MGM Offer.JPG

Message 41 of 43
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@merlinflex wrote:

Just wanted to update you, that I called into Amex Travel earlier today and they called the Bellagio and I got the deal. I had to split up my stay into two 4 night stays and get two Trip ID numbers and Amex let the Bellagio know so they can keep me in the same room, so I do in fact end up getting two nights free off my total 8 night night stay there in Vegas plus the $100 credit to used there.  That was actually what they were referring to in the fine print, the $100 property credit limit for back to back stays in 24hr period.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger and staying at the Bellagio and not the Tropicano hotel as there were some co-workers up here in DC this week who had just come back from LV last a few weeks back and they stayed there and yes it was very dated, a 3 star hotel at best they said. Nice but thats about it, nothing else to say about the place, they spent as little time there as possible as there are no placed to eat there and the pool even closes every day at 6pm!?

Thanks for all the help from the MyFico peeps who weighed in, much appreciated!

I hope that before using your AMEX Plat (if in fact you used it for the payment) you added this offer to your card, that will give you $60 back unless you don't have it under amex offers, if you do have it and forgot to add it, you can cancel everything, add the offer and do everything again, i did it  before with a Hilton offer and the AMEX's travel CSR was the one mentioned, they cant add the offer after the purchase but they can cancel the reservation, add the offer and do the reservation again if that is what you want.

It took me 20-30 minutes but saved $75.

Also, if you have the Arrival+ or Discover mile (the ones i have) i would suggest you to buy everything throught your hotel and put all your hotel expenses like food, drinks, shows, even the morning starbucks coffe to your room, in any MGM property you are allow to do it, and then at the end of your stay pay using one of those cards, everything will be redeemable using your miles so if you have enough miles it would cover most of those expences, i did this on my last year vacation and even the valet parking i was able to get it back using my arrival+.

Hope this help Smiley Wink

AMEX MGM Offer.JPG

I saw that, but my trip is at the end of July and that ends at the end of June, so I am SOL! I do have the Arrival+ though, so there is thought. Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 43
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know you mentioned getting 5x points when booking through amex travel. But someone correct me if im wrong, but I think that excludes FHR.....so you might not be getting 5x points on that. 

Smiley Surprised  DAMMIT..You are right  Smiley Frustrated .....sigh...only 2x miles....sigh....at least I get that and the $100 credit and two nights free.... Smiley Sad

Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.