Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Secured CC??

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Best Secured CC??

My son tried to get pre-approved for Credit One card and was denied and it said his score is 174. So I know the next step is to get him a secured card. What is the best one that will graduate with him and  allow him to make payments towards the deposit?

TIA

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Secured CC??

The BOA secured CC is great. The card usually unsecured rather quickly for most. 8 mo - 1 yr.

Message 2 of 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

174??? That's not a fico score. The range for fico is 300 to 850. BofA hands down is best secured card
Message 3 of 6
slicemans
Regular Contributor

BOFA or WF secured

Message 4 of 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

BofA hands down over WF. No guarantee at all that WF will graduate. I have seen many many horror stories of people having that card 2,3 yrs and they refuse to graduate it. FYI, if you go with BofA put as much down upfront as you can because each time you add money it's a hp.
Message 5 of 6
newhis
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
BofA hands down over WF. No guarantee at all that WF will graduate. I have seen many many horror stories of people having that card 2,3 yrs and they refuse to graduate it. FYI, if you go with BofA put as much down upfront as you can because each time you add money it's a hp.

+1

Also ask for the Cash Rewards 3-2-1 secured card.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.