Valued Contributor
vish1

Re: Best Secured Credit Card

TwinGirls19 wrote:
Gotta be hands down Boa. Put down deposit, use the card responsibly, after 12 months they will unsecure your card, give you back your deposit and a decent cli. Need I say more. Ps boa is picky its not for sure they will approve you for they're secure card just letting you know.

I will say that the chances of BofA approval for the OP is less than 5%. It will just be a wasted inquiry (or may be even 3)

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
Established Member
6speed

I got a Cap1 secured in 8/2011, and it's done a nice job getting me two toy limit unsecured cards since (one Orchard, one Cap1). But hey, you've got to start somewhere. Last month I opened a USAA secured MC and closed the Cap1. I like that both allow you to increase the credit limits, but the Cap1 increases take forever to show up. USAA's are near instantaneous. Both report to all 3 bureaus.
Hereby sentenced to no fewer than 12 months in a maximum security Garden for my crimes against my FICO. (10/11/13)

Starting Score: 475 (2/11/13)
Current Score: 624 (12/24/13)
Goal Score: 650, for now
Established Contributor
cashnocredit

I got a secured WF and Citi card and they unsecured 18 months later even though I had a paid PR and a couple CAs still on my report. Last year I converted my Citi to a World MC. No HP.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy15k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+